Do you have to use night nappies?

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Do you have to use night nappies?

Postby gemma_louise » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I was thinking about using the following combo tonight:

Wee Notions side snap with 2 LL bamboo boosters, a 4 layer bamboo WNSS insert & 2 MF Wee Notions inserts.

I would put the 2 LL bamboo inserts & the 4 layer bamboo insert inside the pocket and then pt the microfiber insert on top of the nappy (against his skin).

Am I asking for wet bedsheets or could this work? He is a medium wetter- The average nappy lasts about 4 hours before being soaked.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do you have to use night nappies?

Postby ladybird » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm

No, you don't need to use 'Night Nappies' at all, until a couple of years ago there weren't 'official' night nappies. Just use what works ;)

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Ok going to try that combo... will report back in the morning :|

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Is he used to having microfibre against his skin? I would think it would be quite uncomfortable as it's quite 'grabby' for want of a better word. You do have a lot of bamboo there, that should work well.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:00 pm

I was going to put a fleece or minkee liner on top of the microfibre so he can have a nice comfy bum :D just didn't mention the liner as it doesn't change the absorbency.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I have some night nappies and some not, ds1 is down in a ecobubs pocket, long microfibre insert folded, one cotton booster and a petit dessous bamboo insert. ds2 has gone down in a swaddlebees one size cotton hemp velour fitted boosted with one bamboo LL insert between nappy and wool interlock wrap.
I've never really had any trouble at nights whatever they've gone down in. Having designated night nappies just made it easier for dh to put the boys to bed, rather than me having to do it every night. :lol:

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:04 am

Night 2 not gone well either. That combo was a total fail! Going to try tonight in his Night Notions & if that doesn't work I give up on night nappies :(

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 am

Tell us more. What are you covering with? Where is the leak? How old are your nappies and inserts?

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:06 am

Ahh help much welcomed (thanks :thumbsup: ).. I didn't cover because the nappy was an all in one (perhaps the 1st problem?). He slept in a vest and pj bottoms & his vest was soaked up to his chest & his pj bottoms across the waist band so all leakage from the top. All inserts were totally soaked at the front but dry at the back (he's a tummy sleeper).

The WNSS was bought preloved. The inserts are all a couple of months old so should be at full absorbency.

I perhaps did his nappy up a little looser than I should after the blue leg incident but the inserts were pressed against his tummy.

Next

Return to Night Nappies