hf1

Waking up wet during the night.

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

Waking up wet during the night.

Postby meowow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi everyone I did look for a thread with similar problems but found none...
My LO wakes most nights due to being wet, I was wondering, maybe he isnt wearing the right cloth nappy/wrap to bed? I use lollipop bamboo and just a regular wrap, and a booster... is there a special nappy I can get for night time? how do you stop leaks? I don't think he would wake in the night if it wasnt for the fact he was wet!
Thanks everyone
Regards, Hannah

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Waking up wet during the night.

Postby knees_on » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Have you tried wool?

Well worth a go if you want to stop leaks. Night nappy with a fleece or minkee inner might stop him feeling wet.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Try a WeeNotion Night Nappy. They are an easy night nappy to find on classifieds. Also, like pp said, consider using wool soakers instead of wraps. Wool is breathable so allows some of the moisture to evaporate taking some of the pressure off the nappy to hold it all in.

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby meowow » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Ok thanks guys, where is the best place to buy them from?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Yeah you may well need a dedicated night nappy, have a browse through classifieds and put a Wanted in the wanted section. Fleece and minky inners/liners are stay dry so may be worth a try

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:19 pm

buy preloved, yeah! have a look on classifieds, plenty of wool and night nappies up on there. good luck in your search :-)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I'd try some stay dry liners to being with in case that is the problem. Much cheaper than changing all your nappies so worth a go & if that doesn't help then the liners can be used to help avoid stains anyway.

Rufus used to hate the feel of wetness against his skin & would wake, we bought minkee or fleece liners for his nappies or bought ones with staydry liners & that sorted it out.

We've never got on with wool or fleece, find that we end up with wet bedding & grumpy baby but lots of people rave about it. We use mostly Wee Notions Night Notions & find them great for us.

HTH's

Return to Night Nappies