hf1

Lack of night nappies in UK? What do you think

My avatar
LizJM
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Lack of night nappies in UK? What do you think

Postby LizJM » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:24 pm

I use pockets at night - I find they breath better than a fitted with a wrap. But I am finding that I can just boost the day nappies and still get a decent fit, so I am not sure if I would need anything extra for night. My BG has both regular and NB boosters in, plus a hemp booster.

TBH I have no idea why that works as DD is a pretty heavy wetter!! And I have no idea why she does better in that than a PUL over a fitted. That cause horrid rashes as they nappy was just too wet in the morning despite no leaks.

My Mum is currently knitting me my first wool soaker to try though - I do think that PUL isn't the best for a 12 hr nappy.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 pm

LizJM wrote:I use pockets at night - I find they breath better than a fitted with a wrap. But I am finding that I can just boost the day nappies and still get a decent fit, so I am not sure if I would need anything extra for night. My BG has both regular and NB boosters in, plus a hemp booster.

TBH I have no idea why that works as DD is a pretty heavy wetter!! And I have no idea why she does better in that than a PUL over a fitted. That cause horrid rashes as they nappy was just too wet in the morning despite no leaks.

My Mum is currently knitting me my first wool soaker to try though - I do think that PUL isn't the best for a 12 hr nappy.

fingers crossed you get on well with wool, it is so much better than pul, fleece is good as well and a cheaper option :wink:

My avatar
LizJM
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LizJM » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:29 am

Thank-you :) just need my Mum to hurry up now!! First one she knitted was big enough for DH let alone the baby girl!!

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:08 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I wouldn't use an Aio, Ai2, pocket nappy, fleece or pul wrap at night, but that's because I love fitteds and wool. I like pretty nappies though, and buy embroidered/coloured night nappies. WNNN are perfect for us though so I wouldn't spend more on night nappies than they cost. A dedicated night nappy shop sounds good though.

WSS

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:20 pm

We've never got on with wool or fleece as he's ended up awake and soggy, so we use 2 parters, usually WNNN or LLS SW with a WN or Thirsties wrap over the top, he's a heavy wetter but we've not had any problems with these combos.
During the day we use TB Easyfits & WNSS but they last a Max of 3 hours so wouldn't trust a pocket or AIO/2 overnight personally.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I've used a variety of pockets at night for ds1 for night nappies, ecobubs (still using), nappies by minki fleece pockets, baby behinds magicalls. and have always manged to adjust inserts enough so they've been fine. Dh has always been in charge of night nappy putting on so i've always gone for simple nappies for him to do. Dh would never have done wool. So for ds1 if there had been more choice of aio we would have definitnely had a look.

with ds2 i'm currently putting ds2 to bed so he's going in boosted day nappies with a popolini wool wrap or a puddlekins/little gumnut allhours. When he gets to toddler stage we'lll probably move to pockets again. depending on whats about we might try something new or just use what we have in the past with ds1.

with ds1 we are now trying put superundies night time pullups too as dh wanted ds1 to move to pullups.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:08 pm

One of the problems of using a pocket or AI2 for night is that it needs so much boosting the fit is seriously compromised and its very easy to get leg gape. Fitteds and a booster between the nappy and the wrap work much better for us.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:31 pm

i think it would be great to open up the market - as i only speak italian i'm a bit limited in the european market. i'm curious about what are on offer in other countries, especially as i like trying different nappies. good luck! x :wink:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm quite surprised by the low number of dedicated night nappies available in the UK - especially those for heavy wetters.

Of course you can use any nappy as a night nappy - as long as the absorbancy lasts & fits well for your child all night.

With DS we managed with a boosted day nappy (old style tots bots bamboozle with PD insert) and it would last 13-14hrs if needed.
However DD is widdling through all our boosted day nappies, so Ive had to go in search of dedicated night ones. I love the HL BB/BB+ but again they are US imports. Need to give the WNNN a go.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies