hf1

Standard or slinki minki for nights? what inserts?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Standard or slinki minki for nights? what inserts?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Well, we are having a real nappy problem here with Ethan. He is power weeing through most of his day nappies, he has been weeing through a disposable at night and now he is weeing through his wnnn's and his baby behind night nappy too. I refuse to buy other specific night nappies at this point as he will be 2 and a half soonish plus I don't think they will be better as wnnn,s and baby behinds were amazing for us up until now. I am cosidering giving nappies by minki a go again but am not sure what size to get as I know the standards come up realy big. Or if I should get standards or slinki's? He is in a large by their weight ranges on the website but he's mega skinny and quite long so am unsure what to do. Also what and how many inserts should I be thinking of stuffing them with? I've ggot pd bamboo, ll bamboo and ep hemp. Is there anytingg else that is more absorbant? Grrrr, I would have just kept him in disposables at night but he's even piddling through them now too. Thanks :-)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Standard or slinki minki for nights? what inserts?

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I would go for standard for night and stuff heavily and reduce if yu need to. Look on ebay they come up on there new quite oftenxx

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:46 pm

ive got a standard large for sale on classifieds if it's any help?!?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I'd use standards. I'd worry about coverage, especially with a heavy wetter in a slinki. And just stuff it with whatever you have available!! And lots of it. Just make sure it's on the right order I.e. Hemp on the bottom etc

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I used to use standards with ds1, we only changed as they were too bombproof for us. I think I used to use large threelayer hemp sqaure trifolded wrapped in a microfibre cloth. I can't remember who made the hemp square and I cut it up for smaller boosters. I would have though pd bamboo with a bit of hemp coul be good though.

in the pockets we use now I use one blue pd bamboo, wrapped in a mf cloth with a cotton booster on top, or 2 red pd bamboo wrapped in a mf cloth. ds1 wees on waking so theres alot of wee all at once rather than constant flow all night.

Return to Night Nappies