hf1

Unbearable stinky nappies

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Unbearable stinky nappies

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm using Totsbots bamboozle stretch boosted with an ep hemp booster and using a fleece wrap. By the morning Theo's nappy smells sooooooooooo bad (going about 12 hours). It's never soaked through but the ammonia smell is completely overwhelming and is now stinking out our bathroom (where we keep nappy bucket). Should this be normal?? I have stripped all the nappies so I know that's not the solution.

Any advice??

THanks, Rebecca

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Unbearable stinky nappies

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah night nappies can honk pretty bad come morning time. A sprinkle of bicarb in your nappy bucket will help nutralise the whiff, or what U would do was tape a bit of tissue to the inside of the bucket lid with some tea tree oil on it x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Our night nappies always honk in the morning.I think its to do with how long they are on for.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 pm

I tend to rinse mine in clean water before i put mine in the bucket because they can start to smell quite bad :D

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:14 pm

As pps have said i think its normal, TJs make my eyes water when i take them off :puke: the bicarbs a good idea :thumbsup: i never thought of that, will have to try that myself :giggle: xoxo

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah they can smell after all night on a toddler! Tea tree oil in the bucket helps ours!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks, bicarb and tea tree oil sound like good ideas. I guess oh will just have to stop moaning about pissy smell... maybe he'l learn to love it heheheeee!!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Yeah night nappies can honk pretty bad come morning time. A sprinkle of bicarb in your nappy bucket will help nutralise the whiff, or what U would do was tape a bit of tissue to the inside of the bucket lid with some tea tree oil on it x

By bicarb do you mean bicarbanate (how do I spell that???) of soda from the baking section of the supermarket??

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Rebeccar75 wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:Yeah night nappies can honk pretty bad come morning time. A sprinkle of bicarb in your nappy bucket will help nutralise the whiff, or what U would do was tape a bit of tissue to the inside of the bucket lid with some tea tree oil on it x

By bicarb do you mean bicarbanate (how do I spell that???) of soda from the baking section of the supermarket??

Yup

Next

Return to Night Nappies