hf1

Used a washable last night...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Used a washable last night...

Postby Frances » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 pm

...and I didn't even know it! Shocked to find DD was rather damp when I took her into bed with me at 7am this morning. Further examination showed that she was wearing the pocket nappy I put her in at 3pm yesterday! DH had forgotten to change her to a disposable after her bath at 7pm and put her straight back into her wet nappy :oops: . Sadly it was a 'bottom of the pile' old one which I had stuffed with two small newborn inserts. Poor little lamb was soaking and I've never seen such a wet, heavy nappy! Has kind of put me off doing a trial on purpose, but will try to get the nerve up this week!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Used a washable last night...

Postby babyroo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:53 pm

LOL don't give up though it can only get better than that!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm

I imagine she had a bit of milk to drink between those times. I think you should take it as a positive rather than a negative, that is a long time to be in 1 nappy.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Wow, Im actually very impressed that the nappy held out that long :D 14 hours is a long time to be in the same nappy, I cant see many disposables outlasting that.
Sadie xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:57 pm

That is a very long time in 1 nappy and to only feel damp I would say is good going with that stuffing. Things can only get better from now!

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Does'nt sound too bad to me, do'nt let it put you off and experiment with differant nappies and stuffing, you will find somthing that works for you but it may take a week of differant nappies to find it.

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 am

Oh no! Please don't be put off though. That is an awfully long time to be in one nappy and I would never choose to use a pocket at night. I never put my first two into cloth at night, I was too scared :oops: :oops: :oops: I can't believe I didn't now. It's so easy once you've found a good one and Mimi never wakes up more than slightly damp, even after 13 hours.

Return to Night Nappies