hf1

Which one- advice needed!

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Which one- advice needed!

Postby SLB » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm

I need the next size up (large) for my night nappies, do I go for a LLS or a little gumnut. I have a LG all hours medium velour which is great but am tempted to try a LLS from pre loved. Anyone have any comments about them? I went on the little gumnut site but all nappies are out of stock and I rarely see them pre loved!!

Whats the difference with a LLS heavy wetter and a super heavy wetter?

Give me opinions!!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which one- advice needed!

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I haven't used the little gumnut ones, but use LLS heavy wetter & holden's landing bed bug plus.

The LLS HW is great. I didn't think looking at it it would hold as much or last all night, but it doesn't the job brilliantly.
Eleanor is a heavy wetter over night and these last a good 12 hours!
I like the trim fit of them too.

When I was searching for night nappies, I messaged LLS something on facebook about the HW v's SHW

Here's what they said.....
Me: Hi, needing a bit of help with your night nappies. At night DD is out widdling our boosted day nappies, so looking at your nappies as a possible option to stop the leaks. unsure of whether need light, regular or heavy wetter ones?

LLS: A Super Wetter nappy would be too much overkill I think but you might want to try a Heavy Wetter as, unless she's a monster wetter (which it doesn't sound like lol) you'll be pretty much certain of being leak free.

For the Luscious Little Nappy I'd suggest heavy wetter, which has heavy bamboo and zorb in the core, plus heavy bamboo and zorb II in the inserts. The super wetter can tend to be overkill and only needed for the most heaviest of wetters. We used to use BBs during the daytime with Ella when she was still in nappies and she was a regular wetter really so microfibre may be part of your problems.

We use lanolised wool covers as they allow some of the moisture to evaporate off and wool can absorb about a third of it's own weight in liquid without feeling damp so long as lanolised well. I think you'd do fine with a heavier wetter. The super wetters tend to be used by toddlers close to potty training when they are holding on and then flooding nappies too or taking in a lot of fluids. Other thing is if you're close to going up a nappy size you can notice a fair bit of difference in absorbency as the next size up just by being larger has more absorbing fabric, can be boosted more, plus the fit can alter things then too.

Hope that helps

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SLB » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:41 pm

fab advice and info, thanks. The HL bb+ I have in the M/L sill fit fine but they are pretty sodden in the morning. I also find the 3 boosters a bit of a faff as he doesn't lie still for 2 seconds so I tend to reach for them less! I use wool too :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Little Gumnut all hours are fab, they come up big so last ages. LLS I loved as well but always went for the heavy wetter even though our DD was a light wetter, i like night nappies to be just damp at most of the outside x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I use superwetter LLS and unless you have a serious wetter you wont "need" one. I would say you would be fine with a heavy wetter LLS ;)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 pm

anothersquish wrote:I use superwetter LLS and unless you have a serious wetter you wont "need" one. I would say you would be fine with a heavy wetter LLS ;)

I agree. I have a superwetter & they are generally babies who need night nappies on during the day as they outpee pretty much everything else.

Return to Night Nappies