hf1

Any advice ! we may have to go back to sposie at night

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Any advice ! we may have to go back to sposie at night

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:16 pm

oh my i seem to be having so many problems at night and may need to go back to sposies for a while at night which i don't really want to do :( and it means going to buy some as we havnt used them since TJ was 5 weeks old !!
first we started out widling everything so i got some Wnnn and woolies (spent an utter fortune as most was new) and they worked fine !! but now i am noticing that he is getting a big red mark around his thigh as if the wee has burnt it in a big circle :cry:
so today he is having lots of Nappy off time but its obviously hurting/aggravating him as he keeps grabbing at it :cry:
anyone know what could have caused it

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Any advice ! we may have to go back to sposie at night

Postby teganplus2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Ava had this, we've been back in sposies at night for weeks now (only used them for a week) and the mark won't go, it looks like a scar now :( have no idea what caused it but was definitely night nappies, I think that they don't work for everyone at night and at least we tried but you have to do what's best for baba :(

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm

what inners/outers are you using? What size are they and how big is he? How tight are you fastening them?
Has he worn wool before last night?

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:45 pm

what inners/outers are you using? a combination of cotton/minkee/bv
im wondering if it could be the bv that has caused it as this is the one he had on last nite ????

What size are they and how big is he? medium - he is a quite long and chunky (20lb) 5mnth old

How tight are you fastening them?
as lose around his leg and tum as i can without gape

Has he worn wool before last night?
yep :) we have used wool since he was teeny but i have used a different unscented lanolin on last nites wool ???

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Maybe you need a different nappy then rather than no wool. When I use wool I tend to not mind leaving it looser around the leg than I would without as wool just seems almost bombproof for us. Maybe try that? I certainly find if the legs are too tight then it leaves a red mark that hangs around for a while.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

If it was BV with no liner it may be his skin was wet and thats whats caused it...go back to stay dry type inners and put good liners in the BV ones.
If hes always worn wool that wont be a problem and I doubt switching to unscented lanolin is a problem if its the same brand as the scented youve been using.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I found that some areas of the nappy that got v wet rubbed and caused red marks so I cut up extra fleece and tucked it in the leg holes but did it so it stuck out from the nappy to protect his thighs and the same around the tummy.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

I used to get that all the time with Imogen and wee notions :cry: :cry: but did what Lazylexis said and things were much better, we did however slowly change the nappies we used at night in order to avoid it

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 pm

weefywoo wrote:I used to get that all the time with Imogen and wee notions :cry: :cry: but did what Lazylexis said and things were much better, we did however slowly change the nappies we used at night in order to avoid it

Oh no :( i just ordered 3 more last week aswell thinking they were working well for us :doh:
will give stuffing the leg holes a try :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Night Nappies