hf1

Little Gumnut All Hours

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Little Gumnut All Hours

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

docmaggoo wrote:I'm thinking of adding one of these to our night nappy stash.

What size do you ladies think I should get?
Eleanors in medium HL BB+ and LLS medium trim both on the tightest setting. They are huge on her with some leg gale but she doesn't poop overnight and we use pul wraps overnight.

Do I go with medium? Or risk a small?

I've never had either a M HL or LLS so not too sure. What size OWW does she wear? M OWWs are smaller than S All Hours.

S All Hours and M Owe Woah When
ImageImage

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Louise wrote:I've never had either a M HL or LLS so not too sure. What size OWW does she wear? M OWWs are smaller than S All Hours.

Thanks for those pics Louise.
She's in medium oww on the tightest setting and they are very high in the rise at thd moment. I've only just put her small oww away because although there was still a few waist settings to use, they were getting low in the rise. She only poops every 36-48hrs so it's a big one when she does & I was worried about containment out the back! Iykwim!

Looking at your pics - the small gummut looks best. The medium would be waaaaaay to big i think!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 pm

docmaggoo wrote:
Louise wrote:I've never had either a M HL or LLS so not too sure. What size OWW does she wear? M OWWs are smaller than S All Hours.

Thanks for those pics Louise.
She's in medium oww on the tightest setting and they are very high in the rise at thd moment. I've only just put her small oww away because although there was still a few waist settings to use, they were getting low in the rise. She only poops every 36-48hrs so it's a big one when she does & I was worried about containment out the back! Iykwim!

Looking at your pics - the small gummut looks best. The medium would be waaaaaay to big i think!

She sounds a similar size to Mia as our small OWWS are the same. I'd definitely go for a small then.

My avatar
span78
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby span78 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am

I think we'll be going for a medium. The medium OWWs gave Meg a builders bum and she gets a nice fit with a M/L HL on almost the tightest snaps.
Is obv or jersey cotton best? X

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 am

Saffron fits perfectly in a medium oww with the tabs touching. In a small all hours she is on the 2nd loosest snaps. The problem I find with them is her legs. They are so fat that I don't.think the small all hours will last much longer, but the oww seem like they will for sure.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:18 am

becky1978 wrote:Saffron fits perfectly in a medium oww with the tabs touching. In a small all hours she is on the 2nd loosest snaps. The problem I find with them is her legs. They are so fat that I don't.think the small all hours will last much longer, but the oww seem like they will for sure.

I am having the same problem with a few of my small nappies (inc the All Hours), there's plenty of room on the waist but the legs are on the loosest poppers as she has chubby thighs. :?

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 am

My LO is 4mo old but I'm using size 2 tots bots wraps, and the rest of my nappies are BTP. She's 20lbs!!! and has very chunky thighs. I was looking at Little Gumnuts for night because right now I'm using boosted bamboozles... and the amount of boosting I use makes her look ridiculous... She can hardly move her legs :giggle: So, while this works for now I'd really just like to buy 2 night nappies (I do laundry every other day). However, I obviously want to do this as inexpensively as possible! I was thinking of buying Larges (her waist is 20 inches, and she needs an 18 inch rise) and she looks to be at the bottom of larges on the size chart. Would these actually fit her? and if they wouldn't, would they soon? I wouldn't mind buying them and having to wait a couple months to use them as her ridiculous bamboozles would do for a little while longer... I wouldn't mind buying med now and larges later as long as mediums lasted her a good long time!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am

Saffron must be at least 16lbs now and will still fit in her small All Hours for a good few weeks I reckon. She's 24 weeks. I would go for mediums now. You'll find LGNs have a good resale value so sell them on when done and then get the larges :)

My avatar
span78
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby span78 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Thought I'd update.

I bought a pre-loved medium one (though in as new condition) on here and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's so soft and quishy and is a great fit on my 7 moth old beanpole. :yahoo: :love:
Our night nappy stash consists of 2 medium WNNN, a M/L HLBB+ and now this (plus some bamboo pop-ins as spares) and it's by far the best after a few uses. I actually think the absorbancy has increased too as it sems to be drier while all the other fitteds are wetter?!
I think I'll HAVE to get another one or 2 in the new year. :widesmile:
It's very pretty too (cotton jersey outer) and we have a pair of longies that match. :thumbsup:

Previous

Return to Night Nappies