hf1

Stacinator fleece wrap: how do you use it?

My avatar
zelo
Clothie
Clothie

Stacinator fleece wrap: how do you use it?

Postby zelo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

Hello my LO is almost 5 weeks and we have been using prefolds newspaper fold with bambino mio wraps. Overnight we use the same, I change him usually every feed, 2-3 times a night. I have a small Stacinator fleece wrap. It's bulky and has moons and stars on so I assume it's meant for night. How do I use it though? Do I just put the prefold in the same way as with the bambino mio wraps? Do I use more than one prefold? And what's the advantage of fleece wrap over PUL?

Sorry I realise this is beginner's question:)

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Stacinator fleece wrap: how do you use it?

Postby little1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Fleece wraps are generally used for night as they add quite a lot of bulk, the advantage over PUL is that it is breathable and allows some of the moisture to evaporate so bum stays drier. Not sure about using them with prefolds, we've only ever used them over fitted nappies. maybe someone else who knows will come along soon x

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:48 pm

I was going to say the same you can always give it a try if it holds the prefold in place.
However when you start to drop the night changes down you may be better using fitted's at night. Just a though.

My avatar
zelo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby zelo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:00 pm

the advantage over PUL is that it is breathable and allows some of the moisture to evaporate so bum stays drier.

So do you use sleepsuit or other clothes over the wrap? Doesn't the evaporating moisture just make the clothes damp?

I have got some fitted nappies but they are birth to potty and ridiculously bulky on my baby. I will try the wrap with the prefolds and see how it works and weather it works any better than the current system.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm

yep u can put normal sleepsuits/ pj's over. The sleepsuit may feel cold but not damp if that makes sense, i think the evaporation is v gradual so doesn't feel wet IYSWIM.

we didn't use fleece when dd was v small but use it often now, i know with small babies that don't move around much you can sometimes get wicking from them lying in one spot all night, so clothing does get damp.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Pretty much ^ WSS.
I'd say it was unlikely you shield suffer leKs if your changing that often.
You may find Diddy dipers size ones fit okay and they to really cheap on classifieds I just sold some for £2.

Return to Night Nappies