hf1

Night nappy help pleease!x

My avatar
yazie88
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappy help pleease!x

Postby yazie88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:36 pm

I have been using cloth nappies for a couple of weeks now during the day and I absolutely love them. However I am still a bit stuck when it come to night time. After using nappies during the day for a while now I know certain things I want from a nappy so I need everyone to tell me what nappy suits my needs please. Just tell me 'buy this one'.. my head is full with nappies, my oh thinks im loopy :hohoho: so I need help lol. Ok so my requirements are:

*The nappy needs to be fairly trim: my lo has chunky thighs so I dont like anything too wide in the crotch, it just looks uncomfortable for her.
*It needs to keep moisture away from her skin: We used a bamboozle stretch which worked fine but I really didnt like how wet the nappy was against her skin in the morning.
*Size preferably birth to potty as I will hopefully have another baby next year.
*Needs to dry fairly fast as we dont yet have a tumble drier although we are getting one after xmas so I suppose for a few wks we could put up with it.
*Needs to get here fast. Some of the custom ones from the US ive heard can take a while to get here...
*Need to be gd at containing wee as my lo moves a lot in her sleep, crawls around her cot etc, freaky

If anyone can help me Id be so grateful. Also Im not too keen on the weenotions, not sure what it is Im just not drawn to them..

Thanks in advance, Yaz and Tillie x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night nappy help pleease!x

Postby anothersquish » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:59 pm

well my first suggestion would, of course be WeeNotions which you dont want to try (Id suggest you do though!)
In all honesty I think you are unlikely to find EVERYTHING you are after as some parts just dont go together...for eg slim but BTP, unlikely as all BTPs are more bulky and wider in the crotch than sized.

After that an LLS with fleece inner or fleece liner, heavy wetter version would likely do you fine and with the construction dry fairly fast.
A Little Gumnut, Em does do onesize as well as sized but the OS is more bulky and would be wide in the crotch for a smaller baby.
HL Bedbug (or BB+) less trim fitting than the above but the standard width isnt too wide in the crotch and the M/L size fits a very, very large range.

If the stretchie works you can always just put a fleece liner in it and add a hemp booater for extra absorbency...

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:34 pm

anothersquish wrote:well my first suggestion would, of course be WeeNotions which you dont want to try (Id suggest you do though!)
In all honesty I think you are unlikely to find EVERYTHING you are after as some parts just dont go together...for eg slim but BTP, unlikely as all BTPs are more bulky and wider in the crotch than sized.

After that an LLS with fleece inner or fleece liner, heavy wetter version would likely do you fine and with the construction dry fairly fast.
A Little Gumnut, Em does do onesize as well as sized but the OS is more bulky and would be wide in the crotch for a smaller baby.
HL Bedbug (or BB+) less trim fitting than the above but the standard width isnt too wide in the crotch and the M/L size fits a very, very large range.

If the stretchie works you can always just put a fleece liner in it and add a hemp booater for extra absorbency...

I second everything said above. It would be nearly impossible to find a one size that is trim & tbh most night nappies are wider on the crotch to prevent leaks when baby moves about at night so you're requirements do contradict each other a bit.

Weenotions are really the best place to start as they are a great night nappy that work for most people. They are also a good gauge of how much of a wetter your little one is.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:07 pm

We just got a monkey snuggles night nappy and it dried in a day, is btp, trim but needs a fleece liner. Also got a bitti boo and while not a night nappy it has enough layers! Am going to try it tomorrow. Both trimmer than a boosted stretchy which we have been using.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Bambooty easy nights? not BTP tho but quite trim for a night nappy, is also AIO and has staydry inner. The rise is very low on these so u definately need to size up.

My avatar
yazie88
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yazie88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks for ur advice. As u can tell I still know next to nothing about nappies, hence my requirements being contradicting lol. I was actually interested in trying a bitti boo over night with a wrap.. I have a couple of ittis for day time use and love them so may give it a go. Other than that I may invest in a little gumnuts, they too caught my eye. Looks like we will just have to put up with bulkiness then :) Thanks again, Im off to see what I can get now!!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:33 pm

i think that the bitti boos will work as there are so many layers in it, i also have a one size swaddlebees organic cotton, and i bet that would work too. got it preloved as they are quite expensive new, but it has at least as much asbsorbancy as a bitti boo, and dries over night too...will try it out soon i expect.

Return to Night Nappies