hf1

Prewashing WNN~ update

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Prewashing WNN~ update

Postby mudita » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 am

I've got two new lovely WNNN, one minky outer and one jersey. I prewashed them 2 times, and the first night using the minky was fine, the first night using the jersey outer was a disaster--but not sure if it was the wrap (fleece) or that he had wakened more than usual so weed a lot more. Wondering if prewashing 2 times is enough? I have never had new nappies, so am unsure of this. Thanks!
Last edited by mudita on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Prewashing WNN

Postby KimmyM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:47 am

I think with Hemp you have to pre wash upto 10 times to reach full absorbency. I think I did mine 3 times before first use bit I booster with older hemp for the first few uses.
I'd expect the absorbancy to increase over the next few uses. Also in the mean time you could pop some more "stuff" in the pocket.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 am

I don't think what the outer fabric is made of should make a difference. It sounds like you need to add a booster until they're up to full absorbency. (Bamboo takes up to 8-10 washes). I find wool much more reliable than fleece overnight as well.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 am

thanks, will stuff with extra boosting tonight :D and am lanolizing me wool shorties right now :D i read that the jersey outers were more absorbant so thought i'd try it, btw, but i like both of them.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Prewashing WNN~ update

Postby mudita » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 am

Success. Could only get 1 ll booster in but that with a wool cover seems to have done the trick. Just the usual damp on outside of sleepsuit. Nappy was sodden! Hope a few more washings help it. He is also in a wool sleepsack so that helps a bit too.

Return to Night Nappies