Night Nappy Help!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night Nappy Help!

Postby anothersquish » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Not quite sure from your description tbh LOL
Do you have a long one that folds into three and one that folds into two with each? The shorter one goes in the pocket and the longer one goes on top and snaps into the back.

Hemp wise I use Hemp Babies Little weeds folded in half lengthways (used them trifolded when he was smaller) or I use Easy Peasy hemp boosters. I do have some other random hemp boosters that I picked up preloved. Its definitely worth checking out the classifieds on here and putting up an ISO for hemp boosters as someone may have some they are looking to part with.

My avatar
MrsE11
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MrsE11 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 pm

anothersquish wrote:Do you have a long one that folds into three and one that folds into two with each? The shorter one goes in the pocket and the longer one goes on top and snaps into the back.

No we just have the one long piece that folds into three.. no second bit...i put the long bit folded into the pocket with the extra bamboo if that makes any more sense, lol sorry for confusing you :)

Will keep my eyes peeled for Hemp.. thank you for the heads up on that one :) xx

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:19 pm

hmmm how odd, WNNN come with two inserts as standard and the V1 didnt have the long booster but a rectangular one.
The long one sits on top of the pocket, not in it and any other boosting can go in the pocket (along with the missing WN insert!)
You are actually missing 4 layers of bamboo absorbency from your WNNN than what is standard so its not suprising it didnt last too long, you will need to make up at least this extra 4 layers of absorbency .

My avatar
MrsE11
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MrsE11 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Ah-Ha!
This makes so much more sense!
So does the whole trifold piece go outside and just snap in, or just the minky sided bit on the outer?!
I will boost the pocket tonight with lots of bamboo and see what happens!

Thankyou for clarifying! At least I dont feel so hopeless knowing that it wasn't entirely my fault that it didn't work properly!! :) xxxx

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 pm

the whole thing lies outside the pocket (ie next to babies bottom) and just snaps in the back.
That leaves lots of room in the pocket for boosting.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Sounds like your missing your pocket insert. So that's probably what is causing the issue you should have a double hemp insert. You could always try contacting WN and see if they sell a replacement I know whichout the hemp ours wouldn't last us over night.
I bought my hemp inserts from WN :oops: I rarely have the time to shop about.
The hemp will need to be washed upto 10 times to get to full absorbancy also.
The idiots guide I give hubby is usually
Hemp (after washing) hard and rough
Bamboo natural colour softer than towels
Microfibre White and like cleaning cloths
:giggle: whilst not exactly accurate he does tend to ge tit right 3 out of 5 times now.
Not that I was saying your an idiot :hide:
Think I had better shut up now.

My avatar
MrsE11
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MrsE11 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Super!
Thank you so much for your help!

Hahaha.. thats similar to how i tell my husband to make sure he stuffs the day nappies properly when im not here if i haven't had chance to stuff them myself!

No offence taken!!

xx

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:37 pm

MrsE11 wrote:Super!
Thank you so much for your help!

Hahaha.. thats similar to how i tell my husband to make sure he stuffs the day nappies properly when im not here if i haven't had chance to stuff them myself!

No offence taken!!

xx

My 2 year old told my DH how to stuff a nappy the other day he was using a booster instead of an insert so DS walked over and swapped them for him saying wrong way daddy wrong way and tutted :hohoho:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Gosh how rude of me.
Hello :wave:
There I go nattering on without even saying hello (my Mum would be most annoyed with me :) )

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies