hf1

Best night nappy for a heavy wetter

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best night nappy for a heavy wetter

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:06 pm

What are the best night nappies for heavy wetters? The only ones that work for us are BumGenious with an after market insert - dunno what the inserts are as have always bought them second hand and no-one seems to know what make they are but they are brilliant!

Have tried other pocket nappies, fitteds, AIOs and leaks every time!

Any others worth trying?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Nappy for heavy wetter

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:19 pm

specifically for nighttime heavy wetters, I have found babybifters night nappies and wee notions night notions work fab (both fitted nappies and I use wool or fleece covers over these). Nappies by Minki pocket nappies stuffed with as many inserts as I think I will need (usually 4 bamboo terry squares) also work fantastically.

jan x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

I agree with Jans suggestions - Im also using a BedBug by Holdens Landing and when I use an additional hemp insert and wool, its really good, and my favourite is the EH Bumhugger boosted with either hemp or microfibre.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:03 pm

JanX wrote:specifically for nighttime heavy wetters, I have found babybifters night nappies and wee notions night notions work fab (both fitted nappies and I use wool or fleece covers over these). Nappies by Minki pocket nappies stuffed with as many inserts as I think I will need (usually 4 bamboo terry squares) also work fantastically.

jan x

I am not sure if its what we have used in the past but anything that requires a wrap he leaks in less than half an hour or so!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Minki and night notions are the best night nappies in the world for us.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 am

Pinchette wrote:Minki and night notions are the best night nappies in the world for us.

I have yet to try these but they are also on my list of ones to get!

We started off in cloth when he was tiny, but had no luck, then he was admitted into hospital @ 1 month old and we fell into the disposables, but now with another on the way I have managed to convince hubby to try again but to try different types (other than fitteds/prefolds/terry squares and wraps. although have to admit he did look cute in his terry squares! I dont know if its the covers we have had in the past but we have never got on with them and he has leaked almost straight away!)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:46 am

What kind of wraps have you been using? Are you using a liner in the nappy, and is the whole nappy completely sodden? Which kind of fitted nappies have you used, and have you tried different folds with the terry squares to get the best fold for a boy? And, which kind of wraps have you tried?

Ive found bamboo nappies great for absorbancy, and hemp too. Ive also used the cotton Kiwi Quick Flip which is a great absorbant nappy and folds out for really quick drying. Easy Peasy Bumbles are another cotton nappy which might work well as they have a pocket so you can put in as much stuffing as you need, and they are fleece lined which keeps babies bum nice and dry.

Pockets - Greenkids Anytime are very good, their inserts are bamboo, and when used with their bamboo booster they lasted my dd overnight. Nappies by Minki are great too as you can stuff them with as much as you need to make them as absorbant as you need.

Motherease Airflow are one of the most recommended wraps out there - there are poppers to adjust the leg and waist independently to get the best shape for your baby, they are practically bombproof and so so reliable.

Wool is also a great option - because it lets air circulate the nappy itself isnt as wet in the morning, once you get used to caring for it, it really is a great option.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:12 am

eviesmummy wrote:What kind of wraps have you been using? Are you using a liner in the nappy, and is the whole nappy completely sodden? Which kind of fitted nappies have you used, and have you tried different folds with the terry squares to get the best fold for a boy? And, which kind of wraps have you tried?

The wraps we used were bambino mio, tots bots (fleece and otherwise), cotton bottoms, and another brand which i cannot remember now!

we have used bumbles, tots bots, little lambs, all soaked through from front to back (and up to his armpits sometimes!)

we tried different folds with the terry squares, but again soaked through. Even his Bumgenious with 2 boosters for the day and 3 for the night are soaked through (the boosters not the outer).

With this said though, even in disposables he can only use one brand as otherwise he leaks everytime, my other son was exactly the same so I dont know if its just my babies! :)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 am

sounds to me like you basically need to up your absorbancy and get some more reliable wraps :D

all the wraps you mentioned that you use leaked for us, especially overnight :roll: apart for tots bot red fleece wraps.

as has been mentioned wool covers (wraps, soakers, shorties or longies) are a good option for overnight, bamboo nappies are great and also a little bit of hemp thrown in for extra absorbancy doesn't go amiss :D

I have to say I mainly reach for my minki pockets for nighttime as I just have never had a leak with them and they are plenty big enough to add as much absorbancy as is needed

jan x

Next

Return to Night Nappies