Insert combo for Night Notions

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Insert combo for Night Notions

Postby moonfruit » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi

I have decided to take the plunge and order some new night notions for my two toddlers. My son is a moderate to heavy wetter and my daughter a very heavy wetter. What is the best combo? I'm guessing hemp or bamboo but which is the best?

Thanks in advance, Lisa

p.s. Anyone know where I can get bamboo boosters for dd daytime nappies?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Insert combo for Night Notions

Postby mabo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I dont find it matters much for us which we use, but I personally prefer the feel of bamboo over hemp - possibly because it does stay that little bit more soft in the wash...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 pm

For our night notions, we opted for bamboo for the large folding bit and hemp for the snap in bit and that works well.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:25 pm

I have bamboo for the large bit and hemp for the small bit that poppers on and this works fabby for us!

bamboo inserts for day nappies - I love p'tits dessous ones, I also use simple 40cm x 40cm bamboo terry squares folded into 3 and that works fab too

jan x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:37 pm

I prefer bamboo for the trifold and hemp for the snap in bit too. I bought some hourglass shaped bamboo boosters from Peachy Cheeks that I use with my day nappies.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:37 am

I'm the other way around for this - I have hemp for the large bit and bamboo for the smaller snapin bit :lol: Works well for us...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 pm

Mummyof3 wrote:I prefer bamboo for the trifold and hemp for the snap in bit too. I bought some hourglass shaped bamboo boosters from Peachy Cheeks that I use with my day nappies.

Ahhh that's what my boosters are, I bought some yonks ago from there before Gracie was born but couldn't remember what they were!!!!! :oops:

I use a fuzzie insert and one of them for overnight in our fuzzies but am going to get a NN.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 am

I also have mostly large bamboo squares, plus hemp snap-in, although I do have one the other way around.

I boost the large bamboo ones with extra hemp and put something for extra absorbancy in the large hemp one - such as an MF cloth. Not that I like using MF overnight, but a small bit of bamboo just doesn't absorb quick enough and we get leaks and I don't have any bamboo boosters anymore.

Return to Night Nappies