hf1

Night nappy for potty training

My avatar
ReallyNotAHippy
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappy for potty training

Postby ReallyNotAHippy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:29 pm

We're going to be starting potty training soon but I'm presuming that it will be a while before DS1 is dry at night. Am guessing you need nappies that you can pull up/down for taking them to use the potty late at night. Does anyone have any recommendations? We use WNNN currently and they are brilliant but not very pull up and downable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Night nappy for potty training

Postby twinkletot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm

To be honest we just stayed in our normal night nappies at night and if he needed to go would take it off and put back on again. He would only usually ask before bed anyway, never in the night or morning. Not until he decided no more nappies and he's been dry at night since!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:50 pm

We're still using normal.nappies at night here , H is 4.5 and still not dry at night but I've never used any kind of pull Ups as I don't see the need for them. Sorry that's probably not that helpful :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 am

I have to agree with previous ladies, we just use normal night nappies until they are ready to try going without any nappy at all.

DS1 went with no nappy at night when he was 4yrs 3mths despite being day dry since he was 2.5y/o and wore normal nappies until the end. DS2 has been dry in the day since he was nearly 3 and still wears normal nappies at night until he's ready.

I guess the only time I would consider pull-ups is if they were refusing to wear nappies at night due to being big boys during the day.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 am

we used minky yoyo pull ups, but he never got up during the night....

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 am

DS3 is dry now during the day and we still us our normal NN at night, toddler Bed bugs, and some mornings they are dry but he has never woken in the night to use the potty so i wouldn't personally get pull up nappies for nights.
Infact i think ds3 will be dry at night sooner than my other 2 two who were both in nappies at night until they were 4 and 5.

Return to Night Nappies