Night nappy help

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Night nappy help

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I can't believe I am needing to ask for advice :wink:

Recently Ben seems to be leaking out of his night nappies - we have nearly every recommended night nappy (or at least ones which were mentioned in the past). The problem seems to be that Ben sleeps on his back or his side, so for ages my least fav night nappies are the bambeasy or bumble as no matter how or what I stuff with the wing fastening, is the bit which fails as it is only 1 layer. Last night Ben was in an eh bumhugger and again that was all soggy.

My favs at the moment are cotton quick flips - there is more fabric at the back and the side wings (and tbh I have 3 I use for night, and 2 large which I haven't yet used), but they are all in the wash!

So right now I am not too sure what I am doing wrong, teething is going on, only 5oz of milk before bed, but the nappy is on sound asleep for 11 hours. Perhaps I should try PUL again just to keep the liquid in :shock:

(stuffing I have easy peasy hemps, little and big weeds, prefolds, bamboo squares, bamboo boosters nearly everything going and there is big verses MASSIVE bum by the time I have boosted and boosted and boosted. )

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Night nappy help

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Is the whole nappy sodden when it leaks or is he leaking out of the leg holes?
I think the trouble is that as they grow they do change shape a lot and nappies that used to suit Isabelle then didn't - and then later they did again (if you see what I mean?)
Not sure PUL would work if he's just plain peeing out of the legs...
Any chance his longies just need another dose of lanolising?

Have you tried night notions?

Sometimes if night nappies are over-stuffed it prevents the nappy from being a good fit and you're better off using a soaker style wrap and boosting between the nappy and the wrap rather than longies and a huge nappy...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:01 pm

Great advice from Steph.

Also if you don't want to go back to PUL you could try a wool soaker/wrap under longies

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 pm

I think it is a matter perhaps that he is getting bigger :roll: Last nights trial nappy (bamboozle, little weed, bamboo MEOS) was wet but not soaking, but then he only had bathwater and about 2 oz of milk.

I was busy practising what nappies I might be using - not got a night notions, but thinking it probably wont work after seeing one as it is quite like the bambeasy in terms of stuffing and I can't buy one as I am on the wagon!

Tonight he is going to try a large quick flip suitable for large toddlers :shock: (see he is still a baby to me!) with lots of stuffing, the other thing I am going to try and do is add a prefold for extra side coverage to see if that helps.

Woolies are lanolised every week or two as breakfast normally gets over them and there is a little cereal build up after 7 days!

Return to Night Nappies