Night Nappy for a fatty?

My avatar
Mummycloggs
Clothie
Clothie

Night Nappy for a fatty?

Postby Mummycloggs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi all,

My 14 month old is a little fatty and I am struggling to find nappies that fit him well let alone night nappies. Anything with a popper appears a no no as they just dont stretch around his waist. I used little lambs with a booster and wrap but he was bright red in the morning.

Any suggestions?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Night Nappy for a fatty?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Have you tried the size three little lambs? My child was about 4 stone when we were using them as night nappies :oops: Bamboo nappy, Bamboo LL booster and a hemp insert. You can also put a booster between the nappy and the wrap for extra umph :)

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Weenotions night nappies always worked well with DDs chubby thighs. Because they are side snaps, I could do the waist on one setting and the legs on another IYSWIM?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Have you tried the size three little lambs? My child was about 4 stone when we were using them as night nappies :oops: Bamboo nappy, Bamboo LL booster and a hemp insert. You can also put a booster between the nappy and the wrap for extra umph :)

Oooh, yes, forgot about LLs! They worked really well for us too.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 pm

What about the easy peasy bumper - it is big enough for the chunkiest toddler with plenty of room to stuff as required and fleece lined too :-)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Have you tried wool? It would eliminated the need for a snug wrap that could be irritating his legs.

Is he walking? I only ask this because it may only be a temporary problem, until he's fully mobile - mine changed shape so much once they were walking properly.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Little gumnut night nappies are very generously sized. They are side snapping too so would probably be better than front snaps. My DS has very chunky thighs and we find the LGs really good.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Another vote for LG here too. They are very generously sized and my 6 year old has just outgrown the larges.

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Charlotte was a real chunky monkey & had outgrown most BTP by the time she was 14 months. I found Bububebe (on hyena cart)to be a really generous fit & they fit her up until she refused to wear cloth at 20 months. I used those with a flip insert & wool cover & it worked brilliantly.

Next

Return to Night Nappies