hf1

Nappies for bed

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies for bed

Postby YumMum » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 am

What nappies do you use for bed? I'm hoping to be full-time cloth. Bethany sleeps from 7.00pm-10.30am, so needs to be very absorbant. What can you recommend? Also, how many night nappies do you have? xx Ideally wanting BTP, but not sure if they are available? x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nappies for bed

Postby littlesez » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:15 pm

:shock: Thats a long sleep! I struggled to find a nappy to last 11/12 hours never mind 15.5. You can buy special night nappies that are really absorbent but TBH they are really expensive like £20 per nappy. I just couldn't afford those so I just got the biggest pocket nappy i could find and stuffed it with tons of inserts HTH x

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 pm

littlesez wrote::shock: Thats a long sleep! I struggled to find a nappy to last 11/12 hours never mind 15.5. You can buy special night nappies that are really absorbent but TBH they are really expensive like £20 per nappy. I just couldn't afford those so I just got the biggest pocket nappy i could find and stuffed it with tons of inserts HTH x

Ok thank you. Yes she is such a lazy bum! Sleeps right through too lol

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Your best bet for that length of time may be looking at a standard minkee from nappies by minkee as they take heaps of stuffing. How old is your lo?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 pm

A WNNN has lasted 14 hours on DS when he was poorly and just wanted to sleep. I just popped an extra two hemp inserts in. Or one hemp and a size 1 mio We're lucky to get 10 hours sleep thou :(
Depending on your LO age you probably won't have to worry about BTP as could just start in size large.
My DD was in large WNNN at 5 months.

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 pm

She's 1 year old tomorrow :) Thank you I will look into the ones that have been suggested in here

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm

A large WNNN would be fine, minkee outers I find are the best. Little Gumnut All Hours are also fantastic nappies if you can get your hands on one x

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

If she's an average 1 yr old I wouldn't worry about birth to potty so much large should fit fine my 8mths old and 30mth old are in the same size. BTP can be great but since you'd be on the max rise snaps now there's no reason to be restricted. Although there's no reason you can't use them I just don't like the snaps once they aren't being used. But I'm a fuss pot. :)
Last edited by KimmyM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:49 pm

The other thing I was going to say I'd for night we are coping with two at the moment for DD I have one more on the way but to save a big outlay if you wash every day you could manage on two for a while.

Next

Return to Night Nappies