Index ‹ Talk ‹ HuXling's Talk

HuXling's TALK HuXling Custom Baby Carriers

Page 1 of 21 2

HuXling Custom Baby Carriers

Postby Marlena » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm
Hello

My name is Marlena and I have been sewing custom baby carriers for a living since 2006 when I first discovered my love for babywearing. I am bringing my 3 children up by practicing AP as it has always felt the most natural to us.

I love my children more than anything but I also need a constant project to keep my brain active so starting a sewing business seemed like a natural progression considering I was brought up in a very ‘crafty’ family, where pretty much all our clothes were sewn and created by hand. Apart from sewing, I love knitting even though I rarely ever get time to knit.

Recently, I found lots of other WAHM businesses and was amazed at all the inspiring things people create. The WAHM business seems very different now than it did in 2006 and even though it is much more competitive than ever before, the support of each other has also grown and it has helped to inspire redesigns and improvements for my custom baby carriers.

I make all types of baby carriers (mei tais, half buckles, full buckles, onbuhimos, podaegis etc.) and I especially love using bright colours. I also offer wrap conversions.

Having sewn baby carriers for a long time, I have been following developments in the babywearing industry with interest and always adhere to all safety guidelines. You can be sure that HuXling custom baby carriers will always be made of the highest quality fabrics and using a variety of advanced sewing techniques to ensure safety, comfort and quality.

Whatever carrier you have in mind, whatever features you would like your carrier to have, I am sure we can get creative together and make it happen. I am really looking forward to it!

And to my fellow WAHMs: let's network and stay in touch :-)

Kind Regards,
Marlena HuXling

Here are some photos of the most recent baby carriers:

These are photos of a classic sized HuXling Mei Tai with DeluXe hood panel and body panel. It also has standard leg padding, an adjustable hood, strap padding and waistband padding.
ImageImage
My avatar
Marlena
Clothie

Re: HuXling Custom Baby Carriers

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 pm
Beautiful. :love: the owls especially.
My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 am
Gorgeous! What sort of price are your carriers?
My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Marlena » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 pm
Thanks for the nice comments!

Prices vary considerably depending on your requirements and can be found here: http://www.huxling.com/about-us/prices-and-fees/

Mei Tai Wrap Conversions cost as little as £35 when a wrap is supplied (and excl. delivery) whereas prices for a full buckle carrier without hood starts from £80.

I aim to work on a few Wrap Conversions next to introduce HuXling's take on a padded wrap strap.
My avatar
Marlena
Clothie

Postby Marlena » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am
Here is the latest HuXling custom carrier:

It's a classic sized full buckle carrier with foam padded straps and waistband. It has a reversible pixie hood, a DeluXe panel to one side of the body and is fully reversible. It also has a chest strap for an improved back carry and a waistband pocket that will hold a phone and some cards.

I hope all my fellow WAHMs are doing well. If you ever want a chat, send me a message :-)
My avatar
Marlena
Clothie

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 am
:love: Absolutely beautiful! We are currently using our Toddlerhawk but :nosey: what age do these fit up to?
My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Marlena » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm
eviesmummy wrote::love: Absolutely beautiful! We are currently using our Toddlerhawk but :nosey: what age do these fit up to?

Thank you! As all the carriers are custom made, they can be made up any size and even used for pre-schoolers. How wide is the base of your Toddlerhawk?

Toddler carriers are usually around 18" wide and pre-schooler ones 20" - it would be no problem to make one any size you require.

I just had a look at your Wonders and they are really beautiful. How long have you been a WAHM?
My avatar
Marlena
Clothie

Postby Marlena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:35 pm
Hello everyone

It's been a little while but I thought I'd share with you the two most recent HuXling full buckle baby carriers

The Alice in Wonderland is a classic sized baby carrier with silk-lined hood in ice blue and the Purple Rivoli is a large baby sized carrier with a purple silk-lined hood.

Both have a padded waistband and foam padded, tapered straps.

You can view more photos at www.huxling.com but please be aware that I have got quite a bit of homepage building work to catch up on ;-)

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their crafts this Autumn.

Happy Crafting everyone :-)

Marlena
My avatar
Marlena
Clothie

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:56 pm
wow beautiful carriers :bw: :love:
My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Show last: Sort by: Next