Index ‹ Talk ‹ Fin and Patch's Talk

Fin and Patch's TALK Hello from Fin & Patch!

Page 1 of 21 2

Hello from Fin & Patch!

Postby Bernadette » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm
Hi my name is Bernadette, mum of 2 boys (5 and 20 months) and I am just starting out Fin & Patch handmade clothing. I started sewing for my boys to make cute clothes that would cover a cloth bum. From there, friends have asked me to make them some clothes for their children and everyone has said I should try and set a little shop. So here goes! If I don't succeed, nothing lost as I will still sew for my two.

I will be making boys shorts and dungarees, and little girl's dresses.

Please come and see what I do. I am not a shop but do all my sewing once the boys are in bed as it is my relaxing time!
My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Hello from Fin & Patch!

Postby teganplus2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm
:wave:

Good luck!!

I shall look forward to seeing your creations! xx
My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:52 pm
HI and good luck :) Can't wait to see all your lovely Wonders :)
My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Bernadette » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 pm
I would like to say a big thank-you to @sjm for purchasing a little dress and skirt from me. It was heartwarming for me to think that someone other than me and my friends likes my little clothes. My boys wear homemade clothes nearly everyday and my 5yo will tell everyone that his mummy made them!

My hubby is currently working on a website for me but that will have to wait as he is off to France to finish his pilot's licence.. weather permitting!

I have just added a new little baby romper to my gallery which I love immensely. I wish I had a little girl to put in it! Hopefully will do a bit of sewing while hubby is away and the kiddies are back at school.

I have just finished two dresses for a friend for his daughters for an upcoming wedding. Hope they like them!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:32 pm
we love our first purchase look forward to buying more of your fab clothes x
My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am
sjm wrote:we love our first purchase look forward to buying more of your fab clothes x

Thankyou!
My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 am
I have added 3 new dresses. Was making these for a craft fair that I have booked in, in Australia, but GE don't seem to be in any hurry to sort out our relocation but want us there for early November..... so I thought I would put them on here if anyone is interested.

Still sorting and packing with a little :sewing: in between when I can.

Would anyone be interested in corduroy trousers for girls/boys that fit over a cloth bum?
My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm
Hi there

Have been a little bit snowed under with sorting and a very sick little one, but have finally finished one dress and another should be done this week! :yahoo:

Have done a few test runs on some shorts with my little one's and hope to have a few pairs up here in the next couple of weeks. Here is a work in progress pic.

I have also just got a bucket hat pattern so will start making some of them for my boys for sunny Australia too! Was going to co-ordinate with their shorts.

Happy crafting everyone!
My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Fin & Patch closed for a bit

Postby Bernadette » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm
Hi there

My sewing machine and overlocker are being shipped to Australia tomorrow so I will be out of action for a bit. I hope to have some more items back up in January when the sea freight arrives.

Until then :wave: :wave: , and thanks for the support so far.
My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Show last: Sort by: Next
Pinterest
email
Twitter
Page 1 of 21 2

Actions