Index ‹ Talk ‹ Snuggleblanks' Talk

Snuggleblanks' TALK Snuggleblanks

Page 1 of 1

Snuggleblanks

Postby vickyblanken » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm
Hi,

I'm Vicky, adoring mum to Maia, born August 2009 and Gabriel, born September 2010.

After several rugby playing, musical and informative years at uni I had no clue with what to do with my life so I trained as a German teacher! :-?

Now, just a few years later, I find myself an RAF wife with a fab husband and 2 wonderful children and, not wanting to miss out on their early years, I've decided to make a go of it as WAHM.

I've always been crafty and I've loved making useful things for my little ones, either for money saving reasons, or simply because I couldn't find exactly what we wanted elsewhere!

At the moment I'm making fleecy soakers, fleecy reusable wipes, fleecy/terry bandana bibs and pinnies, but I'm hoping to expand my range as my little ones grow and their needs change! :hug:
I aim to make things to people's needs and wishes so if I don't have exactly what they want, I'll happily source new fabrics and experiment with designs to meet people's requirements.

I'm relatively new to Cloth Nappy Tree but I've been amazed by the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on here and I look forward to getting to know lots more lovely people over the coming months!!

Thanks for having me!
xx :wave:
Last edited by vickyblanken on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Snuggleblanks' fleecy baby products

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm
:D Good luck with your venture.
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby shoogah01 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:36 am
:wave: hi, welcome and good luck with your WAHM business, looking forward to seeing your creations :wine:
My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby vickyblanken » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:05 pm
Yey, have finally got some of my products in the 'Wonders' section!

Can't wait to get making more and developing my ideas as it seems a bit basic at the moment!

Would love to hear feedback (and advice!) from people so please have a look!

Well the kids are in bed, it's time to crack the sewing maching out! :wine:

xx
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vickyblanken » Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm
Hi, :wave:

I'm going to be expanding my range of stuff over the next few weeks and will be adding double-sided wipes, nappy & wipe pouches and lovely, washable breast pads shortly!

I want to offer a '(clean!) reclaimed fabrics' for some of my products but would love to know if people think this would be worthwhile and of interest...? Would love to know what people think. :lookround:

I'm offering 15% discount off orders before 31st May quoting '15Spring2011', so please PM me with any requests!! :wave: :hug: xxx
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vickyblanken » Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 am
Going to make some breastpads using pretty 'vintage' fabrics today but need people to trial them out for me.
If you'd like to try them in exchange for a small donation of £1.20 towards P&P & fabric cost please PM me!
Will photograph the fabric options and put them in my gallery shortly.

Please help, I need guinea pigs! :wink:
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Snuggleblanks'- Real Nappy Week!

Postby vickyblanken » Sat May 21, 2011 10:43 pm
I've had a fantastic Real Nappy Week so far! :hohoho: Chatted to loads of mums on the camp here at RAF Waddington and the Lincoln area, and hopefully I've persuaded a few to take the plunge and switch to cloth!!

Had a fab response to my own Snuggleblanks products (I'm going to be very busy cutting and sewing over the next couple of weeks!), and I'm even more pleased to report that Harry's Cot may be interested in stocking my products!

I'm extending my own personal Real Nappy Week until Tuesday as I have a Nappucino booked at the Station thrift shop, so I'm offering 15% off all Snuggleblanks creations ordered before then!
If you spend over £15, I'll also throw in a pack of 10 mixed fleecy baby wipes including a yummy wet solution recipe too!

Please have a look in my WAHM Wonders!

I've got all sorts of fabrics yet to make up so if you like a design, but would prefer a different pattern please get in touch!

x

:wine:
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Snuggleblanks

Postby vickyblanken » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am
It's been a busy old couple of months!

Nearly secured some funding through the Princes Trust; got to face the panel, dragons den style next Wednesday, fingers crossed...

I now have a website too: http://www.snuggleblanks.co.uk
It's rather minimalist at the moment but once everything calms down it should look a lot better!

I'm doing an offer on bibs and wipes this month:

Buy 3 bandana bibs an get a 4th free
and
3 gift bundles of wipes for £10

(I've lots more designs than are currently on the web by the way)

Ive also started making upcycled nappies. My Maia's not potty trained yet and has been growing out of her nappies (even the generously sized Puddlekins!), and, funds being short, I took matters into my own hands and am thrilled with my uber absorbent results!

Finally, my little girl turned 2 on Sunday, so I'm training her up to be a WAHM babe!
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Snuggleblanks

Postby vickyblanken » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 pm
Afternoon folks, Snuggleblanks is on Manchester Christmas Market from today until Sunday. I've got Flongies, wipes, bandana bibs and all sorts...
Met lots of lovely cloth mums already and it'd be great to meet some more!!
We're on King St where it meets Deansgate. Freezing but we're just about still smiling!!
Pop round and say hi, I'm off to find a mulled wine :lol:
PS 10% discount off stall prices for CNTers
My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower

Show last: Sort by:
Pinterest
email
Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Actions