hf1

Smelly Longies!

My avatar
daisydoodles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Smelly Longies!

Postby daisydoodles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 am

I forgot I'd put Livvys longies in to lanolise so they were left in the water for just over 24 hours instead of the usual 12! :oops:

They've come out smelling awful :(

I've left them overnight and they're almost dry but still smell more like a compost heap than the blueberry muffins I was hoping for :giggle: I'm not sure what to do now?

If I wash them again with a little olive soap will it get rid of the smell or make them worse? Or should I just leave them to air until it fades or have I totally ruined them?

I have no idea what to do for the best except keep them out of DHs way because if he gets a whiff of them he'll insist on throwing them!! :(

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Smelly Longies!

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 am

i've left my for over 24 hours and neaver had a problem :-? i would air them out side if it's not raining just to see if it will air out

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am

Give them a rinse in some wool wash and leave to air :D I've forgotten woolies for over 48 hours before now :roll:

My avatar
daisydoodles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby daisydoodles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 am

Thank you both.. At least they're not ruined!!

I'll pop them outside for now and order some wool wash as I normally use olive soap and I don't think thats going to shift the farmyard odour! :roll:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 am

Ive left mine in to lanolised that long and never had a problem.
Maybe a little rinse would help

My avatar
daisydoodles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby daisydoodles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 am

I'm wondering whether perhaps the smell has more to do with using a different lanolin this time?

I usually use lansinoh but bought some woolishous which I'm using for the first time.. Maybe once they're completely dry the sheepy smell will fade, but they definately don't smell if blueberries!

I've ordered some wool wash now anyway so if it hasn't faded by the time it arrives I'll give them a rinse and hope for the best!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 am

I stick with cotton fresh or vanila from there and get nicer sences from sheeps grins or ewe need it. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 am

What are the longies made of? some yarns do have more of an animal smell than others :giggle:

24hours soaking in the lanolin shouldn't make them stinky unless the lanolin mix itself was a bit stale? Or maybe they need more washing?

I'd wait and see what they are like when they dry and if hey still smell give them a quick wash and then lanolise again.

My avatar
daisydoodles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby daisydoodles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 am

They're pure wool.. I bought it from Adventures in Woollyland and they'd only been worn over a pocket nappy for a few hours so not dirty at all... Possibly just the wool as I've not used it before, but it's stinky regardless! :hohoho:

Lacybat I'd originally ordered monkey farts but it was out of stock so had it replaced with blueberry muffin and baby powder... Will have to try a few different brands I think!

Next

Return to Pure Wool