hf1

Are new Diasanas ready to use?

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Are new Diasanas ready to use?

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Ordered a Diasana soaker and lanolin online. Soaker has arrived but the lanolin is out of stock so they're sending it on later ...

DS's current soaker is really too small so I don't want to have to wait for the lanolin to arrive to use the new soaker... does anyone know if new Diasanas are ready to wear or do they need lanolising first of all? Have emailed the place I bought them from but no response yet, and the information label thing doesn't mention anything about if they're already lanolised.

Thanks!!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Are new Diasanas ready to use?

Postby LynniferT » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I think they do need lanolising first, I nearly bought a disana the other day and i would have needed to lanolise. (I ended up with a lovely handmade ready lanolised soaker instead)

Do you have any lansinoh? Because its pure lanolin you can use it to lanolise woolies (that what i was going to use anyway)

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:25 pm

OOH I do have Lansinoh! Great idea! So melt a teaspoon d'ya reckon? Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Not sure on amount, sounds about right but maybe google it to make sure? but dont forget a squirt of baby wash ;)

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Yes needs lanolising first :) been a while so can't remember the amount but Google is your friend there :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Stop it doffuses about google'ing it - that is the whole point of this forum!!! Just ask the question and we can help! A teaspoon of lanisohl mixed with very hot water (I usually do it in a jar then you can shake to mix well) then mix with cold /warm water to get to luke warm temp then soak the soaker for a minimum of a couple of hours (I'm lazy and just do over night) then squeeze the excess water out and dry flat!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:14 am

Sorry @clothmama... Being lazy :giggle:

@bumboleo
Here are lanolising instructions from our sticky at the top of the wool thread... viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7281
Hope that helps ;)

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:31 am

LynniferT wrote:Sorry @clothmama... Being lazy :giggle:

Second that :wink:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox