hf1

Learn to knit longies -- Important Update (06/08/10)!

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Learn to knit longies - Important Update (06/08/10)!

Postby Bootygirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Would the 40cm be big enough for the waist/hip section? It sounds so small! Thanks for your reply!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Bootygirl wrote:Would the 40cm be big enough for the waist/hip section? It sounds so small! Thanks for your reply!

You can't really have a circ too small, only too big. It needs to be smaller than the hip size you are making. 18" hip = 45cm so 40 cm would be the largest you could get away with. The problem is when you get to the legs. The legs are probably going to be about 25cm around so you're going to need to use magic loop or dpns when you get to that point.

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bootygirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks for that! Magic Loop looks a bit slow going, I've seen a method where you can use 2 circulars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybPvCNfrT8 would this work for the legs? Looks much easier than ML.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Bootygirl wrote:Thanks for that! Magic Loop looks a bit slow going, I've seen a method where you can use 2 circulars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybPvCNfrT8 would this work for the legs? Looks much easier than ML.

Yeah it would.

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bootygirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeay! Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the rest. Will no doubt report back.

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bootygirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:17 pm

help please! I've just done the grafting for the crotch and divided the stitches for the first leg between two circulars. I've picked up 4 stitches from the side of the crotch, although I don't know if there is a proper method for this - I could only see 4 possi ble loops to use so I just put them on the needle. My question is, how do I start knitting the legs?? I have no yarn coming from anywhere. Am I supposed to use the tail from when I wove the crotch?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Bootygirl wrote:help please! I've just done the grafting for the crotch and divided the stitches for the first leg between two circulars. I've picked up 4 stitches from the side of the crotch, although I don't know if there is a proper method for this - I could only see 4 possi ble loops to use so I just put them on the needle. My question is, how do I start knitting the legs?? I have no yarn coming from anywhere. Am I supposed to use the tail from when I wove the crotch?

you just start with a new strand of yarn from the ball.

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bootygirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:29 pm

doh, that simple eh? Thanks! Hoping to have them finished this week and then will put up photos. I think they are going to come up to dd's armpits though!

My avatar
Bootygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bootygirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 pm

This bit has not gone so well! I have somehow reversed my knitting so that thd rows I have done for the legs are showing the purl side on the outside! How can I get back to garter stitch? :-(

PreviousNext

Return to Pure Wool