Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nappy Fairy - pocket question

Postby Shevi » Thu May 29, 2008 7:40 pm

if i decide to buy my recipiant a pocket

cottons / polys?
what sort of patterns do you like?
velcro / poppers?
something new that you have never tried / a known goody?
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ?

reply as if it is you...you never know, it might be!!!!

cottons / polys? no cottons please.
what sort of patterns do you like? bold shapey or objecty pattern ones (rather than cartoons or figures)
velcro / poppers? either
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? dont mind
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? when Boo was smaller we didn't get on with loads, but since he is bigger i havent had a prob. most medium pockets seem to be fabby!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappy Fairy - pocket question

Postby tanya » Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 pm

cottons / polys?: Poly - HEAVY wetter
what sort of patterns do you like?: Any really - big bold prints are better
velcro / poppers?: I like velcro (except the curly 'orrible stuff of BGs), but I'm getting into poppers now and love WN popper pockets :)
Sized or one-size: Sized please - much nicer fit on Bella - medium or large is good :)
something new that you have never tried / a known goody?: Ummmmm.... I like trying new nappies, but I've had so many disasters, I kinda like to stick with things I know - depends if you'd be offended if I had to sell it on if it didn't work for us?? Although I would hate to get rid of a gift nappy and would try my hardest to get it to work :)
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ?:
Minkis - swamp Bella's small frame
Wonderoos - as above
ETA: I'm beginning to loathe our BGs as they seem to always make Bella's legs sore - it can't be detergent build-up as all the nappies would do it, it's just these nappies. We've had to unpopper them completely (she's under 18lb!) to stop them rubbing :(

We seem to get on with most pockets.
Last edited by tanya on Thu May 29, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm

We are Ok with cotton prints at the moment - he's not a very heavy wetter.

We like spots and stripes and abstract kind of prints. Transport themed is always popular here too. Cars, diggers, trains, emergency vehicles etc.

Don't mind velcro or poppers. He's not a manic unfastener (yet :lol:)

Something new might be nice but something that is know to be good is good too!

The only pockets we have trouble with are the generous fitting type with the leg frills, think Wonderoos and Bumwear style. He's pretty skinny and I can never get them to fit right.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu May 29, 2008 7:57 pm

cottons / polys? either
what sort of patterns do you like? bright, funky retro prints
velcro / poppers? either
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? dont mind as long as it's a WAHM one :wink:
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? Nope

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 pm

cottons / polys? polys
what sort of patterns do you like? Anything except stripes
velcro / poppers? I like side snapping or velcro
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? I have upsy daysies, which I love, funky nappies, fuzzies, wonderoos, greenkids, mommy's touch and minky. I've never tried blueberries or happy heineys
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? I didn't get on with dribees (leaking everywhere) and pocketbots (cotton outer wicked)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 pm

cottons / polys? No cotton prints or velvet but most other fabrics seem ok so far... - polys or minki or fleece or lycra work well for us so far...

what sort of patterns do you like? Oooooooooh aaaaaaaall sorts!!! :hohoho: (not very helpful I know!) Funky, flowery, butterflies (she's recently had a thing about them!!) dragonflies, elephants, sheep, retro, pretty/girly...
Not really into cartoons as there aren't many that Isabelle is into...

velcro / poppers? Either is fine

something new that you have never tried / a known goody? I would prefer a known goody but would be happy with a well-known/respected one that I've never tried

are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) Didn't get on with bumwear - it fitted Isabelle ok but I found it a PITA to stuff... Likewise upsydaisy pockets because they're front stuffing, the fit was fab but I couldn't be doing with stuffing them... Likewise the babyidea pockets... So NO front opening pockets please...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm

I doubt this question is aimed at me as I think I have dropped enough non subtle hints :roll:

cottons / polys? don't mind both seem to work for us
what sort of patterns do you like? red LADYBIRDS :lol: but disney etc fine
velcro / poppers? either
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? never tried weenotions pockets or pocket bots
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? Pockets we have and use are bg v2.0, HHOS - cow, HH med - ducks, HH large - ocean animals, GK pixar cars, med fuzzi - zoo & train prints, swaddlebees econappi. Not had a problem with any of them now I have for now sorted stuffing (1 mf insert and 1 bamboo terry triple or 6th folded) for 2 - 3 hours. Sometimes also put hemp in.

ETA - this is from another post a while ago if it helps ...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that does look lovely, but I don't know if the ladybirds are a little too pink for Ben's bum (it said pink fleece inner too!)

But this is nice (fairy hint hint )

flowers and bees is the one
http://pocket-bots.com/colours_prints.htm

Ps just incase my nappy fairy should read this, the other ones I like are
New wavy lines
spots on black
bob the builder
pixar cars

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 pm

cottons / polys? No cotton for us
what sort of patterns do you like? Anything funky
velcro / poppers? either
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? somthing new or ones we know work well e.g. wee notions or upsy daisy
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? Anything onesize because the poppers rub dd's legs and make them sore.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu May 29, 2008 9:03 pm

cottons / polys? poly preferred, but we do have a few cottons that just need changing more frequently than the polys
what sort of patterns do you like? any
velcro / poppers? velcro preferred as David doesn't like poppers
something new that you have never tried / a known goody? not bothered
are their pockets that you know you dont get on with (and why?) ? wonderoos not sure why they don't work for us.

Next

Return to Nappy Fairy 2008