hf1

Your fairy other buying choices

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Your fairy other buying choices

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 pm

For the people who have guessed who their fairy is, if you were pondering over other items are you going to reveal.

Well for Allie ...

1) pocket bots dragon fly - so pink and girly - couldn't get as although if fulfilled the dragonfly and girl, it was poppers and Allie was selling all her popper pockets on later investigation
2) greenkids anytimes butterfly - applix - firm fav fastening, but Allie then posted she didn't really want a pocket
3) Thought I had it sussed - get a weenotions wrap in pink with butterfly embroidery - that day a weenotions wrap in pink with embroidery arrived but without a butterfly.
4) Emergency emails to Cat of little kiwi to ask for a butterfly or dragonfly applix fastening wrap, Cat didn't have any fabric in, so I trawled though the web, choose some fabric, got it sent direct to Cat and then asked her to just charge me what I had left in the budget to make and send it onto Allie.

I found this just so hard, as Allie makes her own lovely nappies so didn't need a nappy, knits so had plenty of wool etc etc.

If I ever do this again, I need an easy person please :roll:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Your fairy other buying choices

Postby Allie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:28 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:For the people who have guessed who their fairy is, if you were pondering over other items are you going to reveal.

Well for Allie ...

1) pocket bots dragon fly - so pink and girly - couldn't get as although if fulfilled the dragonfly and girl, it was poppers and Allie was selling all her popper pockets on later investigation
2) greenkids anytimes butterfly - applix - firm fav fastening, but Allie then posted she didn't really want a pocket
3) Thought I had it sussed - get a weenotions wrap in pink with butterfly embroidery - that day a weenotions wrap in pink with embroidery arrived but without a butterfly.
4) Emergency emails to Cat of little kiwi to ask for a butterfly or dragonfly applix fastening wrap, Cat didn't have any fabric in, so I trawled though the web, choose some fabric, got it sent direct to Cat and then asked her to just charge me what I had left in the budget to make and send it onto Allie.

I found this just so hard, as Allie makes her own lovely nappies so didn't need a nappy, knits so had plenty of wool etc etc.

OMG :shock: , i'm so sorry I caused you all that trouble. I thought that I was fairly straightforward to buy for but obviously I was wrong. I would have loved any of the other options but think that you picked exactly the right one.

Thankyou very very much :D :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:31 pm

scrunchkins wrote:
AnnetteandBen wrote:For the people who have guessed who their fairy is, if you were pondering over other items are you going to reveal.

Well for Allie ...

OMG :shock: , i'm so sorry I caused you all that trouble. I thought that I was fairly straightforward to buy for but obviously I was wrong. I would have loved any of the other options but think that you picked exactly the right one.

Thankyou very very much :D :D

Glad you like it, but yeap you can see I found it super hard!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:40 pm

I was Annettes fairy and I am sure everyone will agree that she wasnt too difficult to buy for :hohoho: She did give quite a few little hints here and there :hohoho:

My 2 options were:

1) Pocket Bots nappy, that Annette loved and even kindly provided a direct link to - I decided against it as it was a cotton outer and I found they wicked quite badly, and I didnt want her to have a nappy that she didnt get on with
2) Weenotions Wrap - perfect!! Can be used over the oodles of fitted nappies she has, and I could even get a ladybird embroidered on the bum :D

I think it literally took me 5 minutes to make my decision and place the order :D

Can I please have Annette again at the Secret Santa or the next Fairy??

Sadie xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 pm

eviesmummy wrote:I was Annettes fairy and I am sure everyone will agree that she wasnt too difficult to buy for :hohoho: She did give quite a few little hints here and there :hohoho:

My 2 options were:

1) Pocket Bots nappy, that Annette loved and even kindly provided a direct link to - I decided against it as it was a cotton outer and I found they wicked quite badly, and I didnt want her to have a nappy that she didnt get on with
2) Weenotions Wrap - perfect!! Can be used over the oodles of fitted nappies she has, and I could even get a ladybird embroidered on the bum :D

I think it literally took me 5 minutes to make my decision and place the order :D

Can I please have Annette again at the Secret Santa or the next Fairy??

Sadie xx

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I might not be providing hints next time - think I have learnt my lesson it is not like writing a wedding list :mrgreen:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:21 pm

I had no trouble at all deciding what to get my nappy fairy!! There were a few small details to be worked out but as soon as I got their name I just knew!! Shame there was no searching for the perfect thing but still - they've said they love it so hurray!!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Well, I had a lot of trouble as Shevi just said she liked everything but mf and bamboo terry. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a nappy without mf or bamboo terry.
So I had a look at all her posts with pictures, the christmas stash competition was of great help, and decided to go for a custom here. I came across the thread about the Boo with eyes embroidery and decided to order that but someone had already beat me to it.
I finally found a great deal on Etsy and ordered a wrap and a nappy. I had no idea it was the Batik Bum lady. :shock:
Confession time, although I ordered the nappy with Shevi's specifications, I knew I wouldn't be able to part with it so I've kept it. :oops:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Pinchette wrote:Well, I had a lot of trouble as Shevi just said she liked everything but mf and bamboo terry. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a nappy without mf or bamboo terry.
So I had a look at all her posts with pictures, the christmas stash competition was of great help, and decided to go for a custom here. I came across the thread about the Boo with eyes embroidery and decided to order that but someone had already beat me to it.
I finally found a great deal on Etsy and ordered a wrap and a nappy. I had no idea it was the Batik Bum lady. :shock:
Confession time, although I ordered the nappy with Shevi's specifications, I knew I wouldn't be able to part with it so I've kept it. :oops:

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
well we love love love it all!!!
decided not to put boo in it today as at the mo he is pooing on and thru everything, and i really like them!!!!!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Shevi wrote:
Pinchette wrote:Well, I had a lot of trouble as Shevi just said she liked everything but mf and bamboo terry. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a nappy without mf or bamboo terry.

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
well we love love love it all!!!
decided not to put boo in it today as at the mo he is pooing on and thru everything, and i really like them!!!!!

The batik bum lady gave me a very good deal and I only went over by 19 pence!

Return to Nappy Fairy 2008