hf1

"rolls" recipes - edited to confirm I don't mean bread!

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

"rolls" recipes - edited to confirm I don't mean bread!

Postby teganplus2 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 am

Sausage.....cheese and onion.....vegetable...........if ya can stick it in a roll I want a recipe for it :giggle: I'm fast running out of snack ideas for the tiny folk

Also some foolproof pasty recipes, dairy free and normal please

GO................................

(I could of course google but only have
phone for Internet till the 18th June)

ETA

It has been brought to my attention that due to dialect some of you may think I mean "bread rolls" I don't, we don't even eat those type of roll, nor indeed even call them I roll, :giggle: I mean things wrapped in pastry like sausage rolls! :hohoho:
Last edited by teganplus2 on Mon May 28, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: "rolls" recipes

Postby red_dwarf » Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 pm

dont have many roll ideas here as we dont really eat bread, but got plenty of lunch ideas :) all of these you can batch cook, freeze flat on a tray and then bag up and take however many you want out at a time and whack in the microwave for 30secs to warm through
Mini lentil burgers - Any veggie/lentil burger recipe that you like made as a mini 'bite'
Risotto cakes - Leave leftover risotto in the fridge overnight to firm up (it goes very sticky) then make into patties, dip in seasoned flour and pan fry.
Savoury muffins - I make these with all sorts. our faves are corgette and sweet chilli, cheese and sundried tomato and carrot and corriander. Make a basic muffin recipe without the sugar, and put into the mini muffin tins.If you are using corgette I squeeze out the juice from the grated corgette and use that in the recipe. If you dont squeeze out the juice they go all soggy.
Savoury pancakes - american pancake recipe with added whatevers to it.
Egg wraps - Beat 3 eggs with a dash of milk and some herbs. Make really thin egg pancakes almost like crepes and use those instead of wheat wraps with whatever fillings you want.
Pizza/pesto rolls - Home made or ready made pastry (puff is tasty) roll out till about 1/2cm thick and spead with tom puree/pesto and grated cheese. roll up like a swiss roll and then cut slices about 1cm thick and bake at 180 for about 12-15mins or until golden.
Cheese straws - There are tons of recipes online for these :)
Moroccon cous cous - pan fry onion, thinly sliced courgettes and tin of chopped tomato until all cooked. add either dried apricots/sultanas/chopped apple then some honey, cumin and a little chili. then add 100g cous cous to the pan and cook until the cous cous is cooked. you may need to add a little veg stock too if its dry.
Picky platter - We often just put little picky bits on a plate and let the baby graze on it during the afternoon rather than have a set lunch. these will have basically whatever we have in. normally some protien, veg and fruit on it

Thats all I can think of for now. Hope it helps

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't mean bread rolls I mean pastry type rolls :giggle:

Thanks for all the fab recipes though Hun, some of them are def going in my little book ;)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon May 28, 2012 2:17 pm

teganplus2 wrote:I don't mean bread rolls I mean pastry type rolls :giggle:

Thanks for all the fab recipes though Hun, some of them are def going in my little book ;)

Well maybe you should make things clearer then :giggle:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:20 pm

See it's a regional thing cos what you call "rolls" I call "cobs" I forgot about the small matter of dialect when I started this thread! :hohoho:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: "rolls" recipes - edited to confirm I don't mean bread!

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Cobs cracks me up, every time Dh's mother asks th kids if they want a cob they just look at her as if she is insane :giggle:

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights