hf1

My attempt to be organised and introduce variety

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

My attempt to be organised and introduce variety

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:50 am

I'm fed up with having the same stuff for dinner. the problem is I ask DH what he wants and his reply is whatever, so with no inspiration I end up doing the same batch freezer meals and defrosing, or my classic gourmet beans on toast,

So on a local forum some mums were talking about this thing called fresh20, and for $5 a month they send you 5 nights worth of meal planner, so the meal, recipe and ingredients list in a shopping list. Its also done so there's lots of make this sauce on monday and re-use tuesday etc. But so far it looks impressive. I only signed up yesterday with a groupon so I saved 50%! but here's an example of this weeks menu

MONDAY 
CHICKEN MILANESE
Lemon broccoli farro with
golden raisins
TUESDAY 
SHRIMP SCAMPI
Angel hair pasta, wilted arugula
& pine nuts
WEDNESDAY 
CREAMY CHICKEN &
BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
THURSDAY 
TUSCAN BEAN & CHICKEN STEW
Parmesan croutons
FRIDAY 
POTATO FRITTATA
Arugula & farro salad with balsamic
vinaigrette

Its always 3 meat. 1 fish 1 veggie, unless you do the veggie option. I just like the prepared shopping list and that there's no thinking involved! We'll see how it goes. I'm not doing it this week because I've shopped already but will start next week

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: My attempt to be organised and introduce variety

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Sounds yum! Let us know how you go!

i've just been talking to J about needing to get sorted in the next 2 weeks before I start my full time year :panic: (I've not worked full time since pre kids :panic: ). I actually would rather not as my kids are more important than work but I have to to get my dream of being a midwife :love:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: My attempt to be organised and introduce variety

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 am

Hope it works out well! Our freezer meals are nearly out :panic: so I need to to a mammoth shopping and prepping session soon. Hopefully M and R will be well enough soon for me to be able to get on with it!

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights