hf1

Tea time rut.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Tea time rut.

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Bugglyboo wrote:@confusinglady, if you are worried that wheat is a problem, it is worth having a coeliac test before you cut out the gluten because the test requires you to eat gluten for about 6 weeks before. If they do have coeliac then they can get food on prescription so it is really worth having the test.

Really love your ideas. We'll be having some of those next week :)

Will they test little ones?
It was the health visitor that suggested wheat as I have naturally self managed my wheat intake. She told me to go and ask for the test so that if I am we could suggest that he might be. She didn t say he could have the test. I assumed not but of course I should never assume ;)
Thank you! I need to book us in at docs. It could take a few weeks to get the good doc who was supportive and listened last time.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 am

Ed had the test at 18 months. If they won't do the antibody test then you could ask for the gene test as there is a gene which all coeliac sufferers have. Ed's antibody test was inconclusive i.e. he didn't have enough gluten in his body prior to the test. He was diagnosed by the gene test.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:42 am

Bugglyboo wrote:Ed had the test at 18 months. If they won't do the antibody test then you could ask for the gene test as there is a gene which all coeliac sufferers have. Ed's antibody test was inconclusive i.e. he didn't have enough gluten in his body prior to the test. He was diagnosed by the gene test.

@Bugglyboo Not managed to sort anything out re this yet with sorting out our house move etc but I did try the white/ cheese sauce made with the Dove farm gluten free flour last night and it would ve been hard to tell the difference from normal. I followed the instructions on the back re quantities. The whole family had it with a lasagne and no one knew ;)
Maybe worth another try Jess :thumbsup:

Previous

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights