This week's menu

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: This week's menu

Postby Sunset » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Louise wrote:
clothmama wrote:I want to come and live at all your houses :giggle: We have no plan :panic:

You need one of these -

I need one of those, that's a great invention!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:09 am

Wow I love that meal planner. That is now my next task.

This weekly evening meals look like this:

Monday-ham and leek risotto
Tuesday-slow cooked chicken with lemon and garlic
Wednesday-sausage and mash
Thursday-Frittata
Friday-jacket potato

Lunches will be a choice of eggs, tomato soup, sandwiches and leftovers.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Omg, how organised you all are!
Sometimes I remember to get something out of the freezer or soak some beans. Mostly, I cook whatever jumps out of the fridge. By the end of the week it's a case of using up whatever veggies are running away! DH calls it random soup Saturday ;)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 pm

cuppachaplz wrote:Omg, how organised you all are!
Sometimes I remember to get something out of the freezer or soak some beans. Mostly, I cook whatever jumps out of the fridge. By the end of the week it's a case of using up whatever veggies are running away! DH calls it random soup Saturday ;)

Yup this is us!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:36 pm

I am not a naturally organised person at all, but i have found if i dont plan things like cooking, housework and work work my days decend into choas :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:26 pm

clothmama wrote:@Louise sorry I saw this the other day from my phone on the road and forgot to come back! I love this so much, is it yours? I think next year I may just have to do something similar :love:

That's not mine but I blatantly copied it in the colourscheme to match my kitchen. :oops: Its great, so much easier and quicker to meal plan! Will get a pic of mine later.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

@cuppachaplz I work full time so have to be pretty organised or we'll not have a good meal in the evening. We've not done so well for the last couple of days as we've been running so late in the mornings.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:04 pm

@jabberjabber, I work full time too.
I think that I why I take a somewhat ballistic approach to cooking ;)
I get dead stressed if I have to actually follow a recipe, as DH jokes that I am totally incapable of sticking to one without at least one substitute ingredient :giggle:
Tonight I was organised; you must have all inspired me! I remembered to take some chicken out of the freezer and soak some chick peas for a curry :)
Of course, DH chose today to come home with a migraine brewing, and DS has gone to bed early poorly too, so that's tomorrow sorted too! :widesmile:

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:20 am

I look at all the meal plans each week in awe and admiration :shock:
Thank goodness DH doesn't come on CNT and see it what he's missing cos it puts me to shame :oops: :giggle:
You have all inspired me though as was just saying to DH last night I'm going to try doing some batch cooking on weekend to stick in freezer so we can have good meals through the week. @cuppachapkz your cooking methods sound much like mine, most of my meals are affectionately known as 'bucket cooking'... See what we've got / needs using up / I happen to take a fancy to and throw it all in :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights