Summer chorizo pasta salad

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Summer chorizo pasta salad

Postby clothmama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:15 pm

A hit with everyone that I usually make as my take along dish to summer party's :)

Ingredients:

• A 500gm pack of pasta shape of your choice (I usually use twirls)
  • 1 dried chorizo (I think they are 200gm here) heat of your choice, but lovely with a spicy one
  • 1-2 peppers, I usually use red but any will do
  • 1 large onion or equivilent smaller or shallots or to taste
  • 1 can of corn (450 gm size i think)
  • Garlic if you like
  • Mayonnaise
  • Natural yogurt (optional)
  • Parsley or other fresh herbs chopped

Directions:
  • Put your pasta on to cook - don't over cook it, al dente or even slightly firmer (it keeps cooking as it is cooling)
  • Cut your chorizo into little pieces (I usually cut it in half length ways and then in half again then into little bits) and fry gently until they are starting to brown
  • Chop your peppers finely (I go with similar to the sweetcorn size just for asthetics!)
  • Chop your onions or shallots very finely
  • Crush garlic if you are using it and pop it in with the chorizo when it is nearly done, you dont' want it to burn and go bitter :D
  • Once the pasta is cooked mix the chorizo (including the tasty oil) and the onions through and then allow to cool off.
  • I tend to make a mix of mayo and natural yogurt just to make a bit healthier and lower in fat. If you want to lower the fat even further don't put mayo at all.
  • Once the pasta is coolish mix the rest of the veg then the mayo / yogurt mix
  • Taste and season as needed!

Of course like anything chuck in whatever you have left over or in your cupboard. I'm sure it would be nice for a non spicy version with tuna and lots of other veg too :)

Let me know if you try it and like it :)

@MissFrodo an idea for you for lunch ;)

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights