hf1

Soup recipes please!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Soup recipes please!

Postby ems101 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:49 pm

As above. Veggie ideally. Chunky or smooth!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Soup recipes please!

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:57 am

I'm afraid I dont' really use recipes I just chuck things in the pan! I'm sure you already make butternut soup and leek and potato which are the main ones I cook. I also do mixed veg of what ever I have in! Always start with onions / garlic and go from there! sorry no help at all but hopefully others will be along who are more adventurous than me!

I've never made it but once ate a creamy brocolli and blue cheese soup and it was amazing!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 am

I'm no help - it's whatever I've got in with appropriate herbs or spices chucked in the slow cooker. Sometimes I blend part or all of it before serving.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Same here. The only soups I follow recipes for are Delia's minestrone and Nigella's buttenut squash and sweet potato soup.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Potato soup
Potatoes and leek gets fried a bit in a big pot when its got some colour poor over water mixed with those cubes of broth and a bit of salt let it cook til potatoes are done. Use a blender to make it all smooth.
I usually fry some bacon and mushrooms to put on top when served. And maybe some good bread to eat on the side :thumbsup:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:29 am

Minestrone, butternut/sweet pot, leek and potato are my staples. Maybe carrot and coriander?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:40 am

ems101 wrote:Minestrone, butternut/sweet pot, leek and potato are my staples. Maybe carrot and coriander?

My mum makes a nice spicy parsnip soup.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:54 am

Mmmmm! With a hint of honey maybe @louise?I wish I had time to experiment with recipes

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:57 am

I'm not a fan of butternut squash or parsnip soup as I think they are too sweet.

I am quite a fan of a thick bean soup, with paprika and some dries chilli in it to keep you warm and cosy.

You can't go wrong with a good tomato soup either - sometimes with lentils too.

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights