hf1

Children s cameras

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Children s cameras

Postby ems101 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 pm

any recommendations? Id like one without games in it, I know it will only lead to the likes of a DS and i think 3 is far to young for those awful things!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Children s cameras

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

India got the Fisher Price Kid Tough one when she was 3. Its never broken and Max uses it now. We've had lots of fun with ours. When we first got it, all her shots were so random DH said it looked like she was doing an inventory of the house lol. Its much better now we are actually in the shots. :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm

When Josh was little they were so expensive the kids ones so we just got a cheap normal camera and taught him to be careful with it!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

clothmama wrote:When Josh was little they were so expensive the kids ones so we just got a cheap normal camera and taught him to be careful with it!

This! I much prefer proper cameras to the kiddie ones. They take better pictures!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:30 pm

duh, that makes a lot more sense! thanks clever ladies!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Pippa uses my old camera and has taken some great pics with it

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm

ems101 wrote:duh, that makes a lot more sense! thanks clever ladies!

We had a kiddie zoom for Martha but I am getting her a "real" one for Christmas, they aren't expensive now and like you say don't have the games on them *rolls eyes*

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:20 pm

We have a kidizoom. I highly recommend it. The kids ave had a lot of fun with it and it can take video as well. Yes they played on the games a bit, but soon found it was more fun to take crazy movies of themselves on the trampoline. Dh downloaded some of it a few weeks ago and I was literally crying with laughter at the child's eye view of the world when they thought the grown ups weren't watching. It is a very tough camera -it has survived life in our house for several years with 5 very active kids. I would worry about letting them out in the garden with a normal camera -but this seems bomb proof (certainly boy proof)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 pm

No games on ours. Didn't realise other makes had them on tbh.

No doubt in my mind that Max would break a real camera on day one! Or at least dismantle it :wink:

Next

Return to Growing Up