hf1

Eek

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Eek

Postby ems101 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 pm

deadline is mid Jan. the results are mid april.... day after bubba no3 is due ;)

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:33 pm

It seems so strange that you're all applying for school for your 4-year-olds; Iris doesn't start school until March. Her last day of preschool was yesterday, which was bitter-sweet. She's really enjoyed being there, but is ready for a new challenge, so she's looking forwards to school. :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Soupdragon wrote:It seems so strange that you're all applying for school for your 4-year-olds; Iris doesn't start school until March. Her last day of preschool was yesterday, which was bitter-sweet. She's really enjoyed being there, but is ready for a new challenge, so she's looking forwards to school. :)

Its the same here though Nichola, they start the august after they turn 5. SO is her school ok with you starting late? I assume so. Its really strict here and you can't take time off or anything and if a child is absent more than the maximum then they have to make it up in summer school. Not sure when they start that though probably in grade 2 or 3

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:35 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:It seems so strange that you're all applying for school for your 4-year-olds; Iris doesn't start school until March. Her last day of preschool was yesterday, which was bitter-sweet. She's really enjoyed being there, but is ready for a new challenge, so she's looking forwards to school. :)

Its the same here though Nichola, they start the august after they turn 5. SO is her school ok with you starting late? I assume so. Its really strict here and you can't take time off or anything and if a child is absent more than the maximum then they have to make it up in summer school. Not sure when they start that though probably in grade 2 or 3

Does the late mean because of March, or because she's nearly 6? If it's her age, it's expected in my part of Sydney. The last figures I saw were that something like 40% of NSW parents redshirt - 20% of children are already 6 when they start school. It makes me wonder whether there will be changes in legislation at some point in future? If it's the March start, rather than January, yes they're OK with it. I gave them a call and explained we were off to the UK for February. As she doesn't have to start school until the end of May by law, there's no case to answer. :)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Yes, here its the school year in which they turn 5 that they go into Reception. Max will start on the 1st or 2nd of Sept and turn 5 on the 12th. There will be kids who will not turn 5 until August the following year though. Our school only has one intake a year.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

My eldest is gonna be 18 on New Years Eve! :shock: :cry: (he's still my baby really! :widesmile: )

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 pm

I wish that was the case here :roll:

Previous

Return to Growing Up