hf1

Tots bots bamboozle stretch

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Tots bots bamboozle stretch

Postby 3988lisa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:53 pm

need help fast please!i bought 10 totsbots bamboozle stretch nappies all new and im having major leaking problems.i am a newbie so please bare with me

now i heard very good reviews on these thats why i went for them. but my son is soaked through in less than an hour even with an extra ll bamboo inserts. now i need to know whether its the nappy or me?

when i first got them i got my husband to put them on a 60 wash for me when i came to take them out the machine they were all pink (stupid husband left a red soak in there) so i emailed tots bots and asked if it was ok to dye them which they said was fine and wouldnt effect them. i have since washed them about 15 times to make sure there was no dye left in them,so ive definately pre washed them enough.

now is it something im doing wrong or is this nappy just not meant for my son, surely it should last longer than the easyfit or wnos pockets we have?or do you think it could be the dye? i cant remember whether i put ariel liquid in by mistake or whether i use persil non bio but surely if i had used them liquid by mistake it should be well washed out by now?
any advice would be apprieciated

any other fitted day nappies that people have found good?
thanks

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Tots bots bamboozle stretch

Postby busybee » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 pm

What kind of cover are you using with them? It does sound like he's quite a heavy wetter if the nappy is soaked within an hour :-?

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 3988lisa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm using a wn wrap or minkee wrap and have tried the tots bots wrap.hez not usually a heavy wetter.i get 4-5 hours out of the easy fit and wn os?i just don't get it.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

What do you usually stuff the WNOS with to get it to last 4 hours? If you don't use microfibre then that may be the problem. I've never had a stretchy but I *think* there's a fair bit of mf or minky if they're the newer version in the core which isn't great for heavy wetters at all. (When mf is saturated and is compressed then it squishes the liquid back out causing leaks). Dye and the type of washing powder/liquid used shouldn't affect the absorbency provided you are following the correct nappy washing routine so I would say that you need to try a different nappy.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Are the leaks coming from the legs? Are the wraps covering the nappy all the way round the leg hole? It is normal for fitted nappies to feel wet when you take them off, but is the nappy soaked all the way up to the tabs after an hour?
My son is a pretty light/medium wetter and we have a couple of stretchy bamboozles and they are fine on him. Was it just a dylon machine dye you used on them?

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 3988lisa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 pm

I thought the bamboozles were just made from bamboo?
I'm using the bamboo insert that is mean for it made I think from just bamboo towelling.
Thanks

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm

no, the bamboozles do have a MF core, its to help them dry faster I think. Easyfits have that too, though so I don't see why the EFs should work but the stretches don't.
ETA: are you just using the snap in booster that comes with it? I normally pop another booster in as well.

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 3988lisa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm

It starts leakin at the sides after n hour so a change him but the nappy is soaked through all at the front half even when I put the booster at the front.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Not sure what the problem might be hun but we always found the stretchies were really quite absorbant, i even used to be able to use them boosted overnight with DD. They would definately outlast an easyfit for us. As someone else said they will feel damp on the outside but shouldnt be soaked up to the top. Sorry not helpful i know.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies