hf1

Little Lamb elastic

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Little Lamb elastic

Postby monsterm » Mon May 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Tbh little lambs are worth very little second hand £4 or £5 each at the most. It wouldn't be worth paying to replace the elastic before selling them & only getting that much. You could try selling them for £1 or £2 each :-?

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks Monsterm. Suppose you are right. I have 18 of them! I was actually going to do the repairs myself (when I work out how to go it!) as have finished repairing a ton of bum genius and some fuzzis.

Wondering whether there is any market in Ireland for them. So few users of cloth over here but postage for bamboo works out expensive.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 pm

If you are repairing them yourself, go for it. I would give it a go selling them on the irish forums. Cloth is getting more popular here. If it doesn't work, you can always post them on here then. I kept mine as you are pretty much selling them FFP @ £4 each when you have to post them abroad but then I plan on having another child.

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:39 am

Still going with this thread :giggle:

I am wondering if anyone has sacrificed a little lamb nappy to see how it works? The elastic is gone on so many of my size ones and even on one of size 2s so want to replace it but not sure how the elastic works as it isn't in a sleeve like a pocket nappy (fuzzi or BG for example). I can't actually find the elastic that is shot and was hoping someone else had sacrificed a nappy and knows before I do it :potion:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 am

Yes I have done one. The elastic is sewn onto the seam inside. So easy to replace but not easy to get to. You need to unpick enough of the seam to be able to turn the whole nappy inside out. I think I did a couple of inches just above one of the legs at the front? It's a bit of a hassle tbh but looked fine once I was done.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:02 am

The elastic has failed in 6 of my size 2 bamboo ll's and they was bought new for max and only used 3 times maximum per nappy. Not a happy bunny either :-(

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:23 am

The majority of my size 1's the elastic went in the legs and back on the cotton ones' The MF ones were fine.
My size 2 bamboo (only have 2) the elastic has gone in both on the legs and the back (only used a few times). I not happy with them as I have much older and more used (every night) Bumbles and the elastic is still good on the majority of them.

I gave away all my size 1's FFP that had gone elastic as felt I couldn't sell them on in that condition, but they all still worked fine and I had no containment issues (with a ME Riki wrap).

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:56 am

The elastic is now going on my bamboo ones too and they are different ages with different labels on.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

I've just been looking on the LL website and found this:

[quote]It's our attention to detail that has made the Littlelamb bamboo nappy the Mumsnet.com Best Buy. From Velcro that will never lose its grip to elastic specially made for us in America. Even the thread used to sew it all together is automotive - not clothing - quality.

When you buy a washable nappy you are buying something that has to last and last.

If any one of the separate components fails the nappy fails. On average each nappy will be washed somewhere in the region of 200 times for one baby. All our components are built to last a minimum of 400 washes at 40˚c or 600 washes at 30˚c.

Try washing any other article of clothing that many times![quote]

So definitely worth contacting them!!

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies