hf1

I think our new OWW's are too big?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

I think our new OWW's are too big?

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I have been waiting patiently for DD's new OWW to arrive and when they arrived they did look huge but thought they might shrink a touch when I washed them.

So 3 prewashes later and I'm not sure...

I think its tight enough round the waist but not as tight as I want it round the legs :(

Does it look too big?? Will it shrink more?

Is it just me being a worry wort!

X

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: I think our new OWW's are too big?

Postby Tara84 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 pm

as long as it's not gaping at the legs it should be fine, if you lift her her feet up like you would when you slide the nappy under her bum can you see any gaps at the back of her legs?
Serged nappies will have a loose 'frill' round the leg holes as the elastication isn't at the very edge of the nappy like it is on turned and top stitched.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:24 pm

It looks fine to me. M is in one of her larges atm and it is HUGE! :giggle: (but she outgrew the rise in her Ms ages ago :( )

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Could just be me worrying then :doh:...I'll check round the leg for gape when I change her next.

Got to chuck them in for more washes I think as she is peeing through them like a pro (with a LL booster added)

X

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Looks fine to me to x

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Well i've just changed DD's bum and when i took her skirtie off the leg gape was rather bad... :(

It seems to drag down when the nappy is wet and heavy...I put a new one on and the leg is fine, not super tight, but the same as our other fitteds.

Will keep washing, drying and try again, i want them to fit cos they are so squishy and soft :love:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:52 pm

LynniferT wrote:Well i've just changed DD's bum and when i took her skirtie off the leg gape was rather bad... :(

It seems to drag down when the nappy is wet and heavy...I put a new one on and the leg is fine, not super tight, but the same as our other fitteds.

Will keep washing, drying and try again, i want them to fit cos they are so squishy and soft :love:

They do shrink a fair bit over time so hopefully they will fit better soon. I'm going to order M/Ls I think for my next lot though.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Think I might sell the 2 larges that she hasn't worn and see if I can't get a couple of mediums or M/L's if they come up on classifieds.

Meanwhile I'm doing my best to shrink the other 2 so they'll fit :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 pm

LynniferT wrote:Think I might sell the 2 larges that she hasn't worn and see if I can't get a couple of mediums or M/L's if they come up on classifieds.

Meanwhile I'm doing my best to shrink the other 2 so they'll fit :giggle:

FC for you, I am doing the same with mine! I am regretting selling my 13 mediums now as the Ls are huge, M got major wing droop with hers earlier :cry:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies