hf1

Dunk & Fluff?

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Dunk & Fluff?

Postby Star02 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 am

I'm just starting a new thread so I don't mess up the other one with a million questions :D

So it looks like everyone gets more wear out of these as they seem more generous in size for most little ones? Would that be about right? I'm thinking of ordering a few, O is about 8.5lb roughly. What size should I go for? Bearing in mind I have about 30 smalls, but no mediums (a few btp tots and BG) I'm not always keen on buying lots for when he's bigger as everything changes and what suits him now might not suit him later. And I hate not being able to use new nappies!!!

Do I get 3 smalls? 2 small 1 medium? And how much in £ are they? I'm not good with converting so what should I expect to pay if I order 3? I don't mind spending money on good nappies but don't want to find out they are £30 each!! DH will shoot me! :giggle:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: D&F?

Postby monsterm » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:11 am

Their sizing is quite generous. Newborn is 8-16lbs & small is 14-25lbs.

Have a look at kingdom of fluff, ten little fingers 10 little toes & baby peach as they all have instock. They are about £20 each

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 am

If you have a chubby legged baby though you will find the side snaps quite mean fitting and if you do need a longer rise (if lo is very tall like mine) you might find that possibly going straight to the medium (it says 23 pounds upwards but I haven't found them that anywhere near that generous in the knitteds as mine was wearing them from 17 pounds up) a better plan so whatever you decide def include a medium or track one down in the classifieds when closer to the time (the organic bamboo velour are heaps more generous than the knitteds just so you know due to them able to stretch loads)

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 am

My little boy is 12.9, big thighs and 63cm long, the xs still fits him. Mine is not 100% knit weave so less stretchy then you can get.

If you wanted it to fit your little one now I would go for an in stock xs, you should make half the money back again when selling. If you are not too fussy about fitting straight away go for the small.

My avatar
raven
Clothie
Clothie

Postby raven » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

There is an offer on her hyena cart for 3 nappies with free international shipping atm :)

I just got one of the slots and I have lots of newborn nappies so I think Im going to go for 1 small and 2 mediums...even though the mediums wont fit for ages I have enough small/size 1 nappies to last for ages but I want at least one I can use relativley soon :)

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

raven wrote:There is an offer on her hyena cart for 3 nappies with free international shipping atm :)

I just got one of the slots and I have lots of newborn nappies so I think Im going to go for 1 small and 2 mediums...even though the mediums wont fit for ages I have enough small/size 1 nappies to last for ages but I want at least one I can use relativley soon :)

I've just one too :thumbsup: that sounds very sensible!! I've got loads of smalls, I know I should get mediums really as I have none. Now to figure out how to actually pick and order :shock:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 am

raven wrote:There is an offer on her hyena cart for 3 nappies with free international shipping atm :)

You might be surprised, William has been in mediums for weeks :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Dunk & Fluff?

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I'd get mediums too as M did fit them before the minimum recommended weight (we mainly get BV outers too as they fit for longer). I'm getting larges in the co-op I think even though Ms will fit for probably another 10-12 months as they did with my other two children.

My avatar
raven
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Dunk & Fluff?

Postby raven » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Ah thanks for the advice I guess I will just have to wait and see what Pipsqueak is like when here and see how they fit :)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies