hf1

Need help with designing custom WNN

My avatar
Grrushka
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Need help with designing custom WNN

Postby Grrushka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:39 pm

I'd like to order a night nappy for Boris for his first birthday but I've never done it before so struggling with all different designs etc. DH chose this embroidery http://weenotions.co.uk/images/DBJJ315-11.jpgand we want to put his name on it as well.
I'm thinking some dark blue would be good to represent the sky at night. I'd love another colour/pattern but nothing seems to be suitable :( The fabrics they've got in a gallery, is it all? There is lots of minkee but not much of anything else. I use wool at night and always think minkee can make it a bit hot, like fleece, as they are both polyester but I suppose it should be ok. They've got minkee in electric blue which is quite nice and not too dark...

I really want to make it look good but can't really imagine it in my head :doh:

I'm sure you are more inventive and could share some ideas :widesmile:

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Need help with designing custom WNN

Postby Bessandra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:19 am

Grrushka - hi!
I've ordered a custom nappy and towel to match from WN for Jonah's 1st birthday - I love them!
Why don't you ask them for their advice - they are so so helpful!
I love the electric blue - its a gorgeous colour :)

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 am

What about having a border cut with something in the cotton gallery?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 am

I think I'd maybe do a border cut of yellow to match the moon?

My avatar
Grrushka
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Grrushka » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you all for your advice.
Bessandra wrote:Grrushka - hi!
I've ordered a custom nappy and towel to match from WN for Jonah's 1st birthday - I love them!

Would you ring them or email? Towel is a great idea I'll have a look :widesmile:

aimeet wrote:What about having a border cut with something in the cotton gallery?

I couldn't see much in the cotton gallery except for a few plain colours. Have I missed a folder? :-?

fluffy_mummy wrote:I think I'd maybe do a border cut of yellow to match the moon?

I thought about that as well but DH didn't like that idea:/ I'll order it myself anyway so he doesn't have much to say :wink: :dancing:

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Email them - they are really brilliant :)
I've ordered a towel for a friends daughters 1st birthday too!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Grrushka wrote:Thank you all for your advice.
Bessandra wrote:Grrushka - hi!

Would you ring them or email? Towel is a great idea I'll have a look :widesmile:

aimeet wrote:What about having a border cut with something in the cotton gallery?

I couldn't see much in the cotton gallery except for a few plain colours. Have I missed a folder? :-?

fluffy_mummy wrote:I think I'd maybe do a border cut of yellow to match the moon?

I thought about that as well but DH didn't like that idea:/ I'll order it myself anyway so he doesn't have much to say :wink: :dancing:

Email them, they can sometimes take a few days to reply, but they're very good. You can also ask them to take a photo of certain fabrics together to see if they match, and they'll pop it on facebook.

FB page is also great for ideas, as is our show-off thread. The cottons folder is the limited edition cottons, lots of lovely prints - http://weenotions.co.uk//gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=155

If he doesn't want yellow, don't forget you can change the colours of embroidery, so you could always have a silver moon with silver minkee? Or a paler blue?
Last edited by fivefourfour on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 am

^terrific idea

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 am

Also, if you find the ideal fabric yourself, send it to them and they can make it from that!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies