hf1

Flexitots and stretchies size 2 from birth?

My avatar
CharlottesClan
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Flexitots and stretchies size 2 from birth?

Postby CharlottesClan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm

ive had mixed comments on these, about whether they really can be used from birth.

im really not fussed about bulk, i only put my newborns in babygrows so im really not bothered about the fit under clothes.

ive had some people say that they dont fit under the size 1 wraps very well, and that the containment is not very good for the first month.

do they work well with wool? im thinking this might solve the issues of wraps, but then ive not tired wool on a newborn b4.

so experiences guys? i dont really want to buy both size 1s and then size 2s if i can really just use size 1s with minimal downsides to them.

:thumbsup: TYIA!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Flexitots and stretchies size 2 from birth?

Postby lazylexis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm

I find stretchies size 2 wide in the crotch on my almost 3 yr old.Even the size 1s would be too bulky on my 6 day old I think

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:28 am

Eddie was a chunky boy from the start. He was 8lb 1oz at birth and put on a lb a week. We found the size 2's too big. He looked uncomfortable. As the pp said, the crotch is wide on these nappies and I didn't like the fit.
Could you buy some prefolds for the first months or so? We still use nippa'd prefolds occasionally. Prefolds would definitely fit under size 1 wraps and could also be used under wool.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 am

No experience of those nappies personally but I would have thought any size 2 nappy will be far too big on a newborn. I couldn't even get a good fit with some of my newborn nappies on my 6lb DD! so I really don't think a size 2 will fit well at all :? You'd definitely be better off buying some smaller nappies for the first few months.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 am

I have only just this week put a size one poppered down stretchie on my 10lb 7oz dd and even that looks too big for her so I would say that the size two is going to be far too big for a newborn. If it is cost you are concerned about then maybe get some tiny terry squares for the first couple of months - you can usually get those fairly cheap x

My avatar
CharlottesClan
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby CharlottesClan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 am

so basically although the totsbots site states clearly they can be used as a BTP nappy they cant?? :hohoho:

looks like im buying two sets then :roll:

thanks for the advice re the prefolds and terries. i dont like them this is my third child in cloth :giggle:

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 am

My LO was born at 9lbs and we used old style bamboozles straight away. However, the new ones are wider... So I imagine I would have waited for maybe the first 6-8 weeks for the new ones. I didn't have new ones until she was 6 months...

IMO I'd buy bamboozles size 2, and just use prefolds or other cheap cottons for the first month or two. That is if you have big babies! A friend of mine had a just barely 6lbs baby and there is no way the size 2s would have fit her from birth!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies