hf1

Washing LL Bamboo

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Washing LL Bamboo

Postby Rox » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 am

I read somewhere a while ago that its not recommended to wash LL Bamboo on a 60wash, it should be 40 to preserve the bamboo and elastic.

I always do a 60 nappy wash for the antibacterial side of things and really dont fancy washing at 40. Will it really kill them?

If you've got LL Bamboo what do you do?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Washing LL Bamboo

Postby ems101 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:26 am

60, but I've only used them for James so just a few weeks... Ok so far!

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:28 am

They are the bulk of my stash with Carys and I always wash at 60, elastic and fibres are fine here nearly 4 months on

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am

Little lamb washing instructions say 60 is fine, i always washed my cottons on 60 the elastic went on some of them though. Thats was after Izzy having them for 9 months in a very small statsh and then my friend for a few months too.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

littlesez wrote:Little lamb washing instructions say 60 is fine, i always washed my cottons on 60 the elastic went on some of them though. Thats was after Izzy having them for 9 months in a very small statsh and then my friend for a few months too.

No, LL website says:

*Wash reusable nappies at mainly 30˚c and a cool rinse. A hot wash every now and then is OK but regular hot washing will affect the life of the Velcro and elastic.

... but i've never had an issues with hot washing so just wondered if it was a LL thing, didnt want to cook the bamboo.

I'll just do them in a 60 with the rest of the nappies, theyre only really stash bulkers as i have lots of prettier nappies so they wont be used lots and lots. Just didnt want to do a hot wash then get crispy nappies :giggle: :-?

Thanks everyone x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 pm

They are 50% of our stash and I have recently started washing at 60, never had any problems washing them
At 40 though and I though bamboo was naturally antibacterial?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:They are 50% of our stash and I have recently started washing at 60, never had any problems washing them
At 40 though and I though bamboo was naturally antibacterial?

Yes it is, but with them not making up the bulk of my stash i dont want to do split washes for various other nappies & wraps.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

I wouldnt chance it TBH. I had them as my main stash for stink, used them for 4-5 months, put them away and then when I got them out again to send some to shaunie, a good 25% of them had shot elastic! Im really not happy about that and will be sticking to chepie pockets next time around methinks

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

http://www.alvababy.com/Supply-newborn-baby-cloth-diapers_c67
Those are the ones im planning on gettign next time, and goign to get bamboo inserts to go with them. nice and cheap and easy is my thinking, and with them having poppers for the rise, they should be a lot more adjustable

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies