hf1

Diddy diapers

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Diddy diapers

Postby ems101 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Ive just sold my sz 1 DDs as they seemed to0 small for James, but when adding info, i realised that they are meant to fit to 17lbs, and he is only 13.5lb. Do you think its because he is so long 99.8th centile!)? He is quite chunky thigh'd, so maybe that?

I was going to invest in more LL bamboo fitteds, that say up to 20lbs, but do you think ill find the same? My sz 2 DDs look huge on him and gape.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Diddy diapers

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I've never been able to go by the weight guide for nappies for my two!
Both have been super skinny.

If he's tall, then definitely that will play apart - I find especially with boys, they need the bigger size for the higher rise as they widdle at the front!

What fastening are your size 2's? Could you use a nappy nippa over the top of any aplix/poppers - I've done this in the past with my tots bots fitteds and little lambs - it just tightens the waist enough and around the legs to reduce the gap until they fit them better!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:09 pm

i had DD im applix and with the nippa, but the tabs and the rise just seemed too small. On the bigger ones, i did it up tightly with the nippa but it just seemed to gape, it was hard to get it to fit in all areas if yswim?!

What about the LL? Shall i get the sz 2? will they be huge? He has 2 nappies at the moment that fit! SO in sposeis most of the time. Hes grown so quickly! I just have so little money to spare and dont want to spend on things i am not fairly convinced will work/fit!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

It depends on the shape of your LO too, Emmet is long so oit grows the rise quickly :roll:

Do you already have a LL size 1, or is it just the size 2?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Dd was out of dd long before the stated range too. We went into old style totsbots size 1 which lasted a little longer but not much tbh - might be worth trying going straight into a size 2 LL. Maybe get one size 2 and one size 1 to try? Or try a btp fitted like a motherease? Dd is 13m and hasn't fitted in size2 fitteds for several months. Some babies are just build big lol!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 pm

DD outgrew her size 1 LL's way before the weight specified, it was a rise issue, she had a builders bum in them very early on so may be better with size 2's possibly. I think i remember dd outgrew the size 2's months before the weight specification and she was not particularly big for her age. Size 2 tb stretch fit her well after she outgrew the ll's and they would still fit her now.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 am

Think i might get a sz 2 (i already have a sz 1) and maybe some bamboozle stretch in sz 2. I think i might need very adjustable nappies for this one! How do people rate easy fits? they might be a slightly cheaper option. Are they easy to boost?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 am

Definitely get a bamboozle stretch - they have great rise and are one of the few standard size 2 nappies to still fit dd very nicely at a chunky 30lb. The rise poppers down so should be perfect. I hadn't discovered them when dd was that size so didn't try.

Easyfits are our changing bag nappies. They mark her chunky thighs and don't last that long but are so cute and easy to use. Worth a shot :-)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:52 am

justme123 wrote:Definitely get a bamboozle stretch - they have great rise and are one of the few standard size 2 nappies to still fit dd very nicely at a chunky 30lb. The rise poppers down so should be perfect. I hadn't discovered them when dd was that size so didn't try.

Easyfits are our changing bag nappies. They mark her chunky thighs and don't last that long but are so cute and easy to use. Worth a shot :-)

They are quite like our BGs too, so hubs will be able to use them ithout panicing over wraps and liners etc! Ill think ill get a mix of LLs, Strechies, and easyfits, ouch, my bank manager (hubs) isnt going to be happy this month ;)

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies