hf1

Training pants/pull ups/knickers for a 2 year old

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Training pants/pull ups/knickers for a 2 year old

Postby katherineeah1 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 pm

I've really fallen out of love with cloth lately because we don't have any all in ones and where we're all so busy I tend to cop out and fall back on the disposables to save on time and large bundles of washing. But I think pickle's ready for potty training so I'd like some pull uppy, knickery type things for her when she goes out and about. I need them to be fairly cheap, and ideally ones that she can pull up herself because she's really into dressing herself atm. Does anyone have any recommendations?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Training pants/pull ups/knickers for a 2 year old

Postby docmaggoo » Sun May 12, 2013 8:23 pm

We never used training pants with DS1 - he never liked them and thought they were nappies so just wee'd in them. Going into big boy pants straight away was the best for him.

But the ones we had were bright bots training pants and Ive had friends who rave about them too!
They come up small - so size up!
They aren't the prettiest - but they are bright colours and they do the job!

We did have 1 set of the close parent training pants with a giraffe and a zebra on the front - much more attractive, but no worth the extra money. They were quite expensive!

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up on the close parent ones! Ideally I'd like to just go completely off nappies and put her in knickers, but she goes to nursery 2 days a week so I thought, much as I want her to still do some of her normal groups etc, I don't want to confuse her by sticking her in nappies some of the time, and knickers the other time. I thought training pants might be a nice middle ground if that makes sense?

I think I might have seen the bright bots ones... if your DS1 had got on with them, do you think they might have been any good?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 pm

I initially loved Bright Bots but found they won't hold a wee, and nursery hated them - they asked me to use pull ups instead

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue May 14, 2013 5:37 pm

DS' nursery preferred to just use big boy pants.
They were happy to change him as needed if he had an accident - just as long as I sent a few sets of spare clothes ( inc socks!)
The bright bits don't hold much anyway - so if he had a full wee then we would still have needed to change him.

I think the training pants confused him. Going straight to pants was much better.

When DD comes to potty training we'll be going straight into knickers for her

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 pm

My experience is similar to the others. Both dd s would just wee in the training pants like it was a nappy. It saves tge clothes slightly but not really so a change is always necessary. I had one similar to the bright bots.
I just sent them to nursery in knickers with lots of changes of clothes too ( still have to with dd2 as she has relapses!)
In fact nursery requested I send her in knickers as anything else seemed to be confusing her.
Hth

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies