hf1

Please convince me re. fitteds

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Please convince me re. fitteds

Postby Frances » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks all! Will try stuffing the BB more, plus will get a bumhugger or weenotions to try out a different style. Will also get another wrap. Allie - thanks for the offer! Will see how I get on then give you a shout if I want to try some other brands.

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:11 pm

we use fitteds because Jack lives in wool interlock, and they fit nicely, and are easy for nursery to cope with. Also I am a nappy whore and the cutest fluff is fitted!!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:18 pm

i use fitted on my days off and pockets for his childminder, sam is a heavy wetter and i always have to boost his nappies- usually with swaddlebees hemp booster- our favorites are swaddlebees ov os booster with above, baby behinds (don't boost but fold the long insert in 3 to the front so has 4 layers plus the nappy) wn nl with both booster folder to front and a booster and thirsties- which do not last long 2 hrs boosted but are vthin and squishy so i use under jeans or if i know he is not going to be in it for long :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Quick update - after a relatively dry spell, J has started to pee like a horse again! After one too many incidents with a over-wet microterry insert (including one episode on the door bouncer :( ) I'm falling back in love with fitteds. I bought a couple of Bumhuggers and I think I even prefer them to my Baby Beehinds. Thanks for the advice all :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 pm

I'd say pretty much any fitted with a Mother-ease wrap is 10 times as reliable as any pocket I've tried (unless you want to change nappies every 2 hours, which I don't!). I'm hooked on minkee pockets anyway, but strictly with dresses & babylegs!

I always used to use fleece liners in fitteds to avoid clammy bums, but haven't been bothering so much lately - I do prefer fleece-lined fitteds but we haven't been having any problems with organic velour or bamboo velour, and it seems a shame not to have that nice fabric next to the skin. :wink:

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies