hf1

Anyone used Disana Tie-on Nappies?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Anyone used Disana Tie-on Nappies?

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Just wondering what experience others have had with Disana tie-on nappies, either good or bad? Been trying to think of something that would be ideal for newborn (as in, from day one) and I'm sure I've seen these recommended as being good for the first days when you don't want the awful new baby poo to stain your better nappies. Anyway, managed to get a bundle of 20 of these (secondhand) for £18 posted so thought I'd give them a go. But just curious what I'll be in for with them. Think I might try them out on my 20mo, though maybe he's not a very good one to do a trial with, as it's hard enough to put a simple aplix nappy on him without him escaping! :hohoho:

So, tell me if you've used them and how they work, please! :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Anyone used Disana Tie-on Nappies?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:54 pm

I haven't used them but I have heard they're really really faffy and fiddly so if you're struggling with applix I very much doubt the tie-on would be any good :?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Well, I'm really only wanting them for newborn baby (which won't run away like a toddler! :babyroll: ), but just thought I could experiment with them on Benjamin for now...tho that might be too frustrating! lol

Anyway, guess we'll see what they're like when they come! Maybe everyone on CNT uses rather more fancy/pretty nappies! :hohoho: Hence why no one is saying they've used them! :D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Havent used them either - but have read Madonna used them :D I also remember reading about the ties getting all tangled up in the wash, so might be an idea to tie them some way to prevent this, or pop them in a string bag when they are in the wash? Not sure how absorbant they would be on your 20mo though, or if he will stay still enough to tie them on :?

Anyway, at that price they will hopefully be grand for a newborn :mrgreen:

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:02 pm

I used them when Rowney was first born, i did'nt find them fiddly at all (i think because she did'nt move when changed, no chance of that now) :lol: They were absorbant enough for the first couple of weeks and then they needed a thin booster, i only used then for a couple of months (until she started to wriggle when changed). I have still got them ( only 3 ) your welcome to have them if you cover the post, that way you can have a play around with them and see if you want to buy the others too. :D PM me if you want them.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Thanks for the kind offer Jen, but I had actually already purchased them.

They've arrived in the post this morning, so I did all the ties up and put them in the washing machine. I was quite impressed with how quickly they dried outside (was a very windy day here) and still were sooo very soft, without any help from tumble drier.

I tried one on Benjamin this afternoon (with a pad folded small kushies flanelette prefold inside). Wasn't so sure how to get the legs snug (bit gaping, the way I've found terry squares, since I don't know how to fold properly), so wasn't sure how it would cope w/ newborn runny poo! :? But maybe I just need to keep practicing, as that was my first try - apart from once on a fat teddy bear first!! :hohoho:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello. I know this is a very old thread, but didn't want to start a new one. Just wondering how you got on with them in the end? I am soon to have a newborn in cloth and can't find a lot of my newborn nappies :roll:

I was looking for something cheap and chearful just to last until we need proper absorbancy. I have some ME sandies but not enough for full time use and a few shaped terries with sewn on velcrow. We do have some prefolds if we get desperate but never really got on with them before.

If anybody could tell me if they were any good at containing breastfed poo I would be very grateful!

My avatar
kostyi79
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kostyi79 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:15 am

Hi, Has anybody used them in the end? I would be interested how did you get on as I am going to try them.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:56 am

I have a few of these to try when my baby is born (please let it be any day now). I promise to post an update of how we get on.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies