hf1

Out peeing bamboo

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Out peeing bamboo

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Im really struggling to get out bamboo fitteds ro work for ben. They were perfect for the first couple of weeks but he out pees little lamb bamboo and bamboozles within an hour the wraps are wet at the edges and tge fleece liner is saturated! The work perfectly for james, so I dont think its a stripping issue. The only nappies that are working for ben at the mo is sized little lamb pockets with an exyra booster, and I only have 10 of them! After total pocket fail with jen and james this is a real surprise. Or perhaps its just the pre weaning mega wet stage? I didnt cloth nsppy jen til 7m and james was a bit on and off as he grew out of his small collection so quickly. I cant really remember what worked for him at this stage

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Out peeing bamboo

Postby littlesez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Babe me have offer on pockets hun x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Is the whole nappy saturated? I mean - is it wet through right up to the waist?
If so - then its an absorbancy problem.

If not - then its probably the amount of urine he's peeing in one pee ifykwim.
Bamboo is very absorbant in term of capacity - but its a slow absorber - so pre-weaner can "flood" the nappy easily. If this is the case - then try a microfibre booster underneath the liner.
Microfibre isn't very absorbant - but what it does absorb is very quick!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:45 pm

The whole front, even the tabs are saturated but not the back bit. Ill try mf. Worth a shot! Its funny as the ll pockets work and they are filled with bamboo only. Three lsyers- the insert is folded in half and I add an extra booster. With the fitted I fold the booster in half and put it at the front

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:32 pm

Just read that the pocket inserts are three times as absorbant as the toweling bamboo as they are more yarn dense. That makes sense. @littlesez thanks for that tip. Been looking everywhere for tgem on offer!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:16 am

If the microfibre doesnt work, hemp boosters as the lowest layer will work very well x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies