hf1

How to nippa a diddy diaper?

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

How to nippa a diddy diaper?

Postby PixieFix » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm

I think I have the hang of using nippas with the muslins and terries (been practicing on a teddy :giggle: ) but I'm not sure how to nippa the diddy diaper. It seems that if I take the wings round I would end up fastening it by the leg (hopefully that makes sense) and that doesn't seem right. How would you fasten one?

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: How to nippa a diddy diaper?

Postby Sunset » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Here's how I nippa'd mine (not my photo, sorry if i'm not allowed to do this mods)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 pm

I go fasten left, fasten right then do the bottom one on pretty much everything!

That is so cute that you are practising @PixieFix :giggle: :giggle: :pregnant: Actually there are good reasons to practice - much less scary if you have even a small amount of confidence once you actually have a real baby :giggle: and also nippas work better once they are stretched a bit (even just sitting and pulling the 3 arms will help) - they can be quite stiff when they are new and then soften and stretch out :widesmile:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 pm

That is so cute that you are practising @PixieFix :giggle: :giggle: :pregnant: Actually there are good reasons to practice - much less scary if you have even a small amount of confidence once you actually have a real baby :giggle: and also nippas work better once they are stretched a bit (even just sitting and pulling the 3 arms will help) - they can be quite stiff when they are new and then soften and stretch out :widesmile:

This has reminded me that I practised tieing nappies on a teddy before Jacob was born, more because there was a real 'WTF goes where' factor to them initially :-? , but they were actually super easy :widesmile:

Maybe I should take a leaf out or your book @PixieFix, and practise on a teddy with the muzzies too if it makes the nippa better :D . I suppose it would also wind up giving me folding practice for those gormless, sleep-deprived laundry sorts I have to look forward too. Thanks for the advice @clothmama :thumbsup:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies