hf1

Starting to struggle with btp

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Starting to struggle with btp

Postby Kim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:26 am

We are now on btp/ one size mostly and I really feel like we are starting to struggle with the fit- mostly with the rise. I have already ditched the pnp and good mamas and my lovely, beautiful snuggly monkey snuggles will be the next to go. :-( I am also struggling with the size 2 little lambs.
Willow is now 18 months so a good 6-8 months from potty training. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. ( we gave up with cloth at about this time with Seren)

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Starting to struggle with btp

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 am

I think - if I remember correctly :giggle: - that it was when Ditte was just under 2 that her Bumgenius diapers started to be too small and we switched to homemade sized and some Thirsties pockets size 2. And then when she was almost 3 (she refused potty training until she turned 3) she fit the BGs again
I really don't believe in BTP - but in some fit better than others and it changes throughout the diaper period.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 am

I never went in for btp, the couple we had never really fitted. But it was at about 18m that my boys struggled with sz2s, and i invested in well boosted sz 3s. However, now ben is 22months, (and i think it was the same with james) hes very active and has slimmed down and is actually ok in sz2s again. Both of my older ones potty trained at close to 3, so got a good year out of sz3s. Well worth the investment.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Size 2 LLs stopped fitting Blaine around the same time but we still got on fine with flips and prefolds and mio solos. He's slim but very very tall. Xx

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:30 am

I read on their fb page that LL are trialling higher rises across their nappy sizes.

We used flips with DD and never got off the medium setting, but then she was (and still is) a titch :giggle:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 am

Thanks, better get on with replacing the elastics in the 10 large nature babies fitteds I have. I bought them with the elastics gone but I got 6 for less than £10 and the other 4 free for post.
I am also have thinking about having a go at making a large but it's probably beyond my sewing capabilities.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies