hf1

Do cotton outer wraps wick?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Do cotton outer wraps wick?

Postby Allie » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:12 pm

I find that they wick too but I do still use them :?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks all. Was all set to order a caterpillar dots wrap when the embroideries section caught my eye....so I've ordered a geisha with cherry blossom on white cuddlesoft for now and will aim to get a caterpillar one next :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Bump!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:36 pm

I got one the other day its beautiful but wicked like mad at the top :( It was an explosive poo so im hoping that was the reason!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I got a pre-loved one the other day (WN) and it is great, hasn't wicked at all and was on for ages due to nap time. It was on over a JR which was fab as well, this is our first venture into fitted and have been very impressed with our pre-loved JR and HL - yay. x

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:21 pm

I use cotton outer wraps all day, and sometimes overnight if the fleece outers are in the wash and have not ever had a wick, and considering I have cloth bummed three babs this is great :D I use my own wraps and they were designed to have anything on the outside.

If you do find a wick, make sure all the outer fabric is turned out to the outer so none is touching the nappy! If the cotton cannot get wet it cannot wick.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am

if you change it more often does it still wick and if so how long can u leave one on average

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 am

I used a cotton wrap overnight last night with no problems. As long as you get the fit right they should work.
The first time i ever used one it wicked but i didn't have it tight enough it was too big at the time.

hth

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies